Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for XPEL and Nano Coat Installer in Chicagoland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've already been in contact with LUSTR and they seem like knowledgeable folks, but I want to cover all my bases here. Does anyone have a highly recommended installer, or perhaps dealt with LUSTR? I was quoted $1,400 for a full front wrap, and $875 for Opticoat (CQuartz is around $100 more, any opinions on which of those two are better would be great) which includes a stage 1 paint correction since the car will be brought to them brand new. Thanks in advance.

I've already been in contact with LUSTR and they seem like knowledgeable folks, but I want to cover all my bases here. Does anyone have a highly recommended installer, or perhaps dealt with LUSTR? I was quoted $1,400 for a full front wrap, and $875 for Opticoat (CQuartz is around $100 more, any opinions on which of those two are better would be great) which includes a stage 1 paint correction since the car will be brought to them brand new. Thanks in advance.

If the full front includes, full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights and mirrors...that's a great deal...

We do have a full list of installers that are in the chicago area: XPEL Illinois

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:

- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.

When you do find an installer:

- Be sure to ask for wrapped edges where possible (meaning that the film will wrap over the edge of the panel)

- Visit their shop and look at some of their installations they've completed, as certain installers may do things differently

- Exam the installation to see if the visible seams are close the edge of the body panel

- You can ask them if they've wrapped your vehicle before, some installers may have wrapped a few, some may have wrapped a hundred...it's best to find an installer you feel comfortable leaving your pride and joy with.

• Informative
Reactions: Terra117 and Mickie
If the full front includes, full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights and mirrors...that's a great deal...

We do have a full list of installers that are in the chicago area: XPEL Illinois

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:

- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.

When you do find an installer:

- Be sure to ask for wrapped edges where possible (meaning that the film will wrap over the edge of the panel)

- Visit their shop and look at some of their installations they've completed, as certain installers may do things differently

- Exam the installation to see if the visible seams are close the edge of the body panel

- You can ask them if they've wrapped your vehicle before, some installers may have wrapped a few, some may have wrapped a hundred...it's best to find an installer you feel comfortable leaving your pride and joy with.
So the installer I located states he doesn't wrap the corners of the panels in question (full front). Something about water possibly collected where the XPEL wraps underneath. Is this valid, or unskilled laziness?