Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations of Shops that Can Install Power Lift Gate on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pkatz

Jul 13, 2018
NY
Forgive me if the answer has been posted somewhere, but I've looked all over the TMC forums and while there are some old recommendations about places that do painting and other applications in the Northeast (i.e. many old posts and recommended places out of business), I am looking for a place in the NYC area that can be trusted to install an power lift gate sold by Tesla Offer. While If I had a day to dedicate to the job it looks doable, I really don't have the time, and would rather not risk screwing it up, so I am looking fora qualified installer in the NYC area (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island areas ideally) to do this. It's amazing to me that even with all of the Model 3s having been sold in New York in the past 2 years that there seems to be no one marketing themselves as able to do these types of electronic mods to Tesla vehicles, but there are none that I can find.

Has anyone had any success finding a qualified installation place? I would appreciate any leads.

Forgive me if the answer has been posted somewhere, but I've looked all over the TMC forums and while there are some old recommendations about places that do painting and other applications in the Northeast (i.e. many old posts and recommended places out of business), I am looking for a place in the NYC area that can be trusted to install an power lift gate sold by Tesla Offer. While If I had a day to dedicate to the job it looks doable, I really don't have the time, and would rather not risk screwing it up, so I am looking fora qualified installer in the NYC area (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island areas ideally) to do this. It's amazing to me that even with all of the Model 3s having been sold in New York in the past 2 years that there seems to be no one marketing themselves as able to do these types of electronic mods to Tesla vehicles, but there are none that I can find.

Has anyone had any success finding a qualified installation place? I would appreciate any leads.

I would wait for the Model Y to be released because it has power lift-gate and the components will be available afterwards or someone will copy them. I've had them on many recent cars and find them often not work properly due to weather or over time the needed to be serviced.