Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations on M3 with FSD purchased from Private Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited to get my first Tesla, a 2019 M3 LR AWD with FSD (in the queue, see photo). After the owner transition in the Tesla app has finished, what is the process to increase likelihood of FSD beta approval? Is it all about safety score, and does it indeed start from zero as it is with a new owner (sellers safety score is in low 70s). TIA.
FSD_screen.jpg

Excited to get my first Tesla, a 2019 M3 LR AWD with FSD (in the queue, see photo). After the owner transition in the Tesla app has finished, what is the process to increase likelihood of FSD beta approval? Is it all about safety score, and does it indeed start from zero as it is with a new owner (sellers safety score is in low 70s). TIA. View attachment 850395
New owner starts with a new Safety Score that has nothing with previous owners.

You need to have passing grades which is 95% for 100 miles for the past up to 30 days.

Currently there are 100,000 beta testers. There no announcements when Tesla will add more.

Upvote 0
You don't have the ability to "increase likelihood". You join the queue and maintain the best safety score you can. If Tesla decides to expand the Beta program to more people, they take the people with the highest safety scores and randomly pick some to send an invite. If they invite all the top scores, then they move on to the next highest scores, etc.

Only Tesla knows if/when they will expand the Beta program to more people. There have been people who have driven thousands of miles and kept a safety score of 98+ and didn't get an invite until the last expansion. There are people who just got their Tesla's and maintained a 98+ for just a few weeks and got in on the last expansion. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Upvote 0
Also you should confirm that the car has a purchased FSD Capability package and NOT a subscription.
I'm not sure that impacts his ability (or lack thereof) to get FSDb. To get the older camera upgrades, yes. But if you have the AP3 hardware and cameras from that era, he should be just as eligible for FSDb either as a package or subscription. No?

Also, be sure to maintain at LEAST 100 miles on AP for a rolling 30-day period going forward. Lack of that while building your SS will impact your ability to get FSDb.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure that impacts his ability (or lack thereof) to get FSDb. To get the older camera upgrades, yes. But if you have the AP3 hardware and cameras from that era, he should be just as eligible for FSDb either as a package or subscription. No?

Also, be sure to maintain at LEAST 100 miles on AP for a rolling 30-day period going forward. Lack of that while building your SS will impact your ability to get FSDb.
No but the OP says "Excited to get my first Tesla, a 2019 M3 LR AWD with FSD..." If it is a subscription then it is NOT with FSD.

Upvote 0

Good to know, thank you!

Upvote 0

Hmmm does the VIN tell me if I have HW 2.5 or 3?

Upvote 0

Thanks @KArnold for that, duly noted.

Upvote 0