Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations on repairs outside of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello... I have been living with a rattle and squeak in my M3 for almost a year now and Tesla Service has been pointless on tracking this down and fixing it. We did a "ride along" and they were able to verify the sound immediately so they took it for service, twice. Now they tell me that this is not a warranty issue so I figure I want to take this to a different shop but not sure if it would be body shop etc???

The sound is coming from the drivers front where the dash meets the side of the car. Anybody else here take their car to other places for repairs?

Thank You

If you’re near an electrified garage location they’re the biggest non Tesla shop I know of

?

AFAIK they only have 1 location- and it's nowhere near Colorado.

Plus the issue is physical not mechanical-

OP if you can find a tesla certified body shop in your area they'd probably be your best bet since they at least have access to the manuals on how the car physically goes together.

Body Shop Support

You can input your location near the bottom- looks like 7 in Colorado.

If none of those are near my next suggestion would actually be try a high-end car stereo installer if you have any nearby. They're at least very familiar with general work regarding removing/reinstalling interior panels and sound deadening and such.

Thank You
?

AFAIK they only have 1 location- and it's nowhere near Colorado.

Plus the issue is physical not mechanical-

OP if you can find a tesla certified body shop in your area they'd probably be your best bet since they at least have access to the manuals on how the car physically goes together.

Body Shop Support

You can input your location near the bottom- looks like 7 in Colorado.

If none of those are near my next suggestion would actually be try a high-end car stereo installer if you have any nearby. They're at least very familiar with general work regarding removing/reinstalling interior panels and sound deadening and such.

Thanks for the info and link too, I will look at that as an alternative. The audio installer is a good call!