Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations we could really use on next update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apart from any meaningless updates, I'm sure we could all use bigger numbers on the phone directory.
I'm sure we've all tried dialing while driving and we can all attest to the fact it is pretty darn difficult.
Second on the list would be larger buttons in the lower left corners of each screen. This would make it easier to flip from one screen to another. We've all tried doing this and have all experienced the settings screen pop up instead.
The two little arrows on the right side in the middle between the two screens could also be enlarged for easier access.
Some have also complained that the Garage door opener button is too close to other buttons as well.

This is my list. I submitted these to Tesla back in March. I don't think that any of them would be hard to implement, except maybe the last one about the colours:

• Pre-Conditioning: Instead of being predictive, why can't we just explicitly schedule a time in advance?
  • Battery Pre-Conditioning: Can we schedule minimum charge so that battery is warm when it's time to leave? This would make a huge difference in battery performance in cold weather. Right now we need to schedule overnight charging so that it completes just before we intend to leave. There is definitely some guesswork here. It would be best if I could ask with the app to Pre Condition the battery for the time I want to depart.
  • Automatically raise steering wheel when entering and exiting (i.e. when you open the driver's door).
  • Give the ability to change colours or make dashed lines for Nav and Energy/Charging info. I am partially red/green colour blind and unfortunately these colours often have opposite meanings in Traffic Aware Nav and Predictive Energy/Range charts. It would be a great help if I had the ability to customize with different colours/shades or even different kinds of lines (dashed, dotted, double lines).

The VisibleTesla allows for time scheduling.

Battery preheating automatically turns on when you switch on cabin heat via the remote app. If the car is plugged in then power comes from the AC plug (you'll want at least 40A to cover the draw). Also this preheating can be started from the VisibleTesla app.

I'd love the auto-raise steering wheel thing. In fact my previous car moved the seat back for easier loading/unloading.

The VisibleTesla allows for time scheduling.

Battery preheating automatically turns on when you switch on cabin heat via the remote app. If the car is plugged in then power comes from the AC plug (you'll want at least 40A to cover the draw). Also this preheating can be started from the VisibleTesla app.

I'd love the auto-raise steering wheel thing. In fact my previous car moved the seat back for easier loading/unloading.

pretty sure you understood this and you wrote this to let him know of its existence but I like his list and I would prefer that these were supported officially and directly and not through third party java apps that don't run on the car or my phone or work as a side effect of some other action.

They should have the front camera recording while your driving. This could be used in case any accident occurs.

They should also allow streaming of the camera's from your mobile app. It would be nice to be able to see whats around your car sometimes

I'd like to disable handle auto present when my car is in the garage. This would be easy to do using a geofence and I could finally walk by my car without it auto presenting each time.

They should have the front camera recording while your driving. This could be used in case any accident occurs.

The two recommendations above have been on my list of enhancements.

Additionally, I'd love to see the ability to set dynamic speed warnings (right now you can a single relative warning), I'd like to have different relative speeds and warning levels.

ie. 10km/h over <= 50km/h
15km/h over at 60-79km/h
25km/h over at 80-99km/h
45km/h over at >=100km/h <-- I'd also like it to chime and flash the speed at me for this one, currently it's either/or.

I'd also like to see iOS App pass thru to the screen (many aftermarket stereos support this), but failing that I'd love to have Waze work on my Tesla.

Ability to use my Tesla via the App to open or close Garage Doors.

- - - Updated - - -

• Automatically raise steering wheel when entering and exiting (i.e. when you open the driver's door).

My work around for this was to create an Enter/Exit driver profile.

I'd prefer it was automatic as you've suggested, but in case this workaround (not solution) didn't occur to anyone I figured I'd mention it.

Additionally, I'd love to see the ability to set dynamic speed warnings (right now you can a single relative warning), I'd like to have different relative speeds and warning levels.

ie. 10km/h over <= 50km/h
15km/h over at 60-79km/h
25km/h over at 80-99km/h
45km/h over at >=100km/h <-- I'd also like it to chime and flash the speed at me for this one, currently it's either/or.

Not exactly the same, but IIRC the autopilot cars can read the speed limit signs and you can dial in how much above that speed limit you want to cruise control at. I believe there is also an associated display. (Never driven one so just going by stuff I've seen on the forum.)

Given how smooth and silent the car is, some kind of feedback for unintended speeding is welcome. I use the cruise control a LOT on this car, even though it's not adaptive.

+1 on the Garage door opener button. Also, it's too high up.

I agree. I mentioned this a long time ago, but why not a big dialog box with buttons similar to the other function buttons, or even a graphical representation of a garage door "clicker" in the center of the screen? I almost always miss that little drop down because I'm usually reaching for it as my wheels go over the curb at the end of my driveway and the bump makes me miss!

10km/h over <= 50km/h
15km/h over at 60-79km/h
25km/h over at 80-99km/h
So maybe what we need is geometric speed warnings rather than arithmetic. Give me an alarm when I am 20% over the limit, for example.