Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Body Shop in NH/MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I incredibly stupidly caught the corner of a pole in a parking garage while edging up to try to look at something to my right side. Anyways, the photo of the damage is below. It looks like the door, front quarter panel, autopilot camera and driver side mirror will need to be replaced. Any recommendations of a Tesla certified body shop to take this to? Tesla informed me their service centers won't peform body work.

Also, I have Geico insurance with full coverage. Based on this damage, do you think it's best to file a claim or pay out of pocket? Will the insurance company tell me not to drive it until repaired? With part shortages, backed up shops etc. I'm thinking this may take a few months so would like to drive it while waiting if possible. Thanks!

1646596973492.png

Hollis Auto Body in Ashland, MA did an amazing job repairing my Model S after an accident with significant front-end damage. They have been on the Tesla certified body shop list for 7+ years.

I am in the Lowell area and I too am looking for a repair location closer than Ashland. Anywhere between Littleton and Lawrence, and Burlington to Nashua would do. Anyone have any suggestions. Progressive doesn't have anyone in their network that "Does Teslas" in the area. As you can see from the photos it is just the plastic strip that is broken off. No abrasions or dents.

Attachments

• 20220305_125318_resized.jpg
    20220305_125318_resized.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220305_125322_resized.jpg
    20220305_125322_resized.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 73
Hi all,

I incredibly stupidly caught the corner of a pole in a parking garage while edging up to try to look at something to my right side. Anyways, the photo of the damage is below. It looks like the door, front quarter panel, autopilot camera and driver side mirror will need to be replaced. Any recommendations of a Tesla certified body shop to take this to? Tesla informed me their service centers won't peform body work.

Also, I have Geico insurance with full coverage. Based on this damage, do you think it's best to file a claim or pay out of pocket? Will the insurance company tell me not to drive it until repaired? With part shortages, backed up shops etc. I'm thinking this may take a few months so would like to drive it while waiting if possible. Thanks!

View attachment 777548
Hollis auto body now have a drop off center in Manchester NH.

Reactions: jlv1
I just checked with the Tesla service center, sent them photos, and the total cost for replacement including labor is under $70.00. Part is $55, plus tax and labor. lol. I have an appointment for Monday.
I would 100% file a claim on this damage. This is not a cheap repair at all. That trim will be included in your repairs so no sense in you paying out of pocket to replace the trim piece when it’ll be included in your repairs. I’d recommend the Tesla collision link that was posted above and look up reviews too. Red 3 stage paint can cause some shops issues but shouldn’t be an issue if they’re Tesla certified.

-background I work in auto damage.

I would 100% file a claim on this damage. This is not a cheap repair at all. That trim will be included in your repairs so no sense in you paying out of pocket to replace the trim piece when it’ll be included in your repairs. I’d recommend the Tesla collision link that was posted above and look up reviews too. Red 3 stage paint can cause some shops issues but shouldn’t be an issue if they’re Tesla certified.

-background I work in auto damage.

***eidt sorry got the two different damaged cars mixed up. But for the OP I’d repair. The white trim only car id pay out of pocket