Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended brake fluid for the Tesla Model 3 Performance with PUP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had great experiences with ATE TYP DOT4 racing fluid in my ICE track cars. Will most likely go with ATE when the time comes to upgrade to SS brake line and BBK on my 3 since I have a stockpile of them. When I'm out of ATE, I plan to try Motul 600 or 660.

I've BOILED both Motul versions on track, but never SRF.

SRF is absolutely worth the extra $$, IMO.
SRF's big trick is that its wet boiling point, the boiling point after it's been contaminated by moisture (from the air), is nearly the same as its initial (dry) boiling point. Motul 660's dry boiling point is actually slightly higher than SRF's but the wet boiling point is about 65C (120F) lower.

I expect both of them dry are more than the Model 3's stock disks would survive (and I don't have $1K to drop on replacement front disks). However living in a high humidity area SRF seemed the way to go, for the longterm.

SRF's big trick is that its wet boiling point, the boiling point after it's been contaminated by moisture (from the air), is nearly the same as its initial (dry) boiling point. Motul 660's dry boiling point is actually slightly higher than SRF's but the wet boiling point is about 65C (120F) lower.

You are correct. Castrol SRF is expensive, but you don't have to bleed as often because of the high wet boiling point. I've personally used them on my previous F80 M3, 991.2 GT3, and GT4. Firm pedal feel and doesn't require light bleeding after each track day.