Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended electricians in DFW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone have recommendations for an electrician that could install plug into my garage? (Not the Tesla branded one, but a standard 14-50 (I believe that’s the type).

I’m located in Irving, Texas and would like to get a referral if y’all have one.

Thanks in advance!

I'm actually looking for one now. I've been gathering recommendations from this forum and compiling into an instruction list for the company I'll choose. So far I've gotten:

- 240 volt NEMA 14-50 high quality socket
- #6 wire or better to handle the current.
- Ground pin should be up.
- Try to get to 60A to use the full wire capacity.
- PVC Conduit to protect the wires

Right now I'm reviewing this thread:
Wall Charger Installation $$$$ - need help choosing the scope of work

... and looking for an electrician without a service fee. So far this is the only one that doesn't, but I haven't called to verify:
TopTech Electric | Dallas & Fort Worth Electrical Services

If you come across anything, please post up.

I used Zubras electric to install my NEMA 14-50 outlet outdoors... total cost $375
If your panel is already in your garage and it's a simple install, I bet they could do it for slightly cheaper.

I found their pricing to be quite reasonable considering others quoted me well over $500 some up to $800 for the same job. (outdoor installation on a brick wall of the house in the backyard driveway)

I used Zubras electric to install my NEMA 14-50 outlet outdoors... total cost $375
If your panel is already in your garage and it's a simple install, I bet they could do it for slightly cheaper.

I found their pricing to be quite reasonable considering others quoted me well over $500 some up to $800 for the same job. (outdoor installation on a brick wall of the house in the backyard driveway)

Thanks for that Nguyenning! For reference, the website is http://www.zubraselectric.com/. I'll add them to the list to call tomorrow.