Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Equalizer Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no "right" setting - it is all personal preference.

Also, a properly tuned system should have a flat EQ - EQ settings are just adjusting for deficiencies in the system.

That being said, I have a slight (0.5) boost in the mid-bass in my car.

(And don't ever turn on the Immersive sound option.)

Reactions: AdamMacDon
I think the question still applies. The system isn't perfect so we should use the eq to adjust for its deficiencies. Has anyone used a wave generator and record to see what needs adjusting for example? I thought of doing something like that and never did. Hoping someone has and can help.
Once that is done, yes you can further adjust to your tastes. That is left to the user :)

I think the question still applies. The system isn't perfect so we should use the eq to adjust for its deficiencies. Has anyone used a wave generator and record to see what needs adjusting for example? I thought of doing something like that and never did. Hoping someone has and can help.
Once that is done, yes you can further adjust to your tastes. That is left to the user :)

In a car, you also need to account for the noise introduced on the road, which of course changes with speed, tarmac, etc. Most measurements are done while stationary..... which of course isnt the actual listening condition.

Also the fact that humans don't perceive flat as flat. So a freq spectrum that measures neutral by a microphone, will sound colored to our ears. There's all sorts of other psychoacoustic effects, that I trust the stock system to be sufficiently balanced, and just adjust to taste. Going for an "objectively" accurate response is a big rabbit chase...

Personally the EQ on the model 3 needs more bands to optimize the sound.
But don’t forget the quality of recording plays a huge role as well.
I use Spotify mostly and from one song to the next the quality varies a lot

audiophiles are so annoying. You enjoy your smooth jazz with a flat eq.

I can play some some kick-ass deep-bass tracks that will make on your insides rattle with my flat* EQ settings (on my aftermarket system). If a system is built correctly (and the tracks are quality), minimal EQ is required.
*I do have the mid-bass pushed 0.5 but otherwise flat

Try this.. good sound system should not need its EQ adjusted much. Depending on the media, I bring the mid back to “0”. Standard immersive sound, the high immersive sound is way too processed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 14,160
Forgot about this thread - was going to post this a month ago, but I was on the road at the time, and forgot. These settings started out based on what some guy did - he ran a spectrograph test, running white noise into the system, monitoring it with a calibrated microphone, and adjusting the EQ until it was as flat as it would get. Then I've tweaked it a little to my own taste.
IMG_2642.jpg

Some observations - that bottom (left) fader is centered around too low a frequency. It mostly is in the rumble area, below normal musical uses. Crank it up and you get into the blow out the speaker and wonder why territory. The second fader over is your real bass control, and a little goes a long way with it. The mids are great in this car, no need to mess with that one - adjust the other ones around it to taste. The top two faders I have up a bit extra because I'm old, and a professional musician, and have the related hearing problems in that range. Thankfully this is all the help I need with this system - it sounds fabulous with these settings. Note that I'm almost always playing flac files from the USB, although that doesn't make much difference - the other sources sound great also. I have the immerse setting in the middle position - I spent months going back and forth between the 3 options, and settled on that one finally. Faders for the speakers are all right in the middle.

Forgot about this thread - was going to post this a month ago, but I was on the road at the time, and forgot. These settings started out based on what some guy did - he ran a spectrograph test, running white noise into the system, monitoring it with a calibrated microphone, and adjusting the EQ until it was as flat as it would get. Then I've tweaked it a little to my own taste. View attachment 589366
Some observations - that bottom (left) fader is centered around too low a frequency. It mostly is in the rumble area, below normal musical uses. Crank it up and you get into the blow out the speaker and wonder why territory. The second fader over is your real bass control, and a little goes a long way with it. The mids are great in this car, no need to mess with that one - adjust the other ones around it to taste. The top two faders I have up a bit extra because I'm old, and a professional musician, and have the related hearing problems in that range. Thankfully this is all the help I need with this system - it sounds fabulous with these settings. Note that I'm almost always playing flac files from the USB, although that doesn't make much difference - the other sources sound great also. I have the immerse setting in the middle position - I spent months going back and forth between the 3 options, and settled on that one finally. Faders for the speakers are all right in the middle.
Cool, thanks. I'll try this

Reactions: bbeashore21