TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Recommended iPhone/iPad apps?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ostimusic, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ostimusic

ostimusic Member

I'm picking up a Model X 100D on Tuesday and wanted to go ahead and install any iPhone apps that are useful. There appear to be a dozen Tesla apps on the App Store at this point. What do people currently recommend?

2. Pwdr Extreme

Pwdr Extreme Member

Teslarati is pretty useful for locating destination chargers as well as seeing what the amenities are around the superchargers. A couple of times I've referred to it trying to find a hidden supercharger that the navigation system didn't have located correctly. Plugshare also seems to be a popular one for those that don't have good access to superchargers.

Beware of some of them that "poll" the vehicle on a frequent basis as the vampiric drain from the constant inquiries can use up 20-30 miles a day of range. (No personal experience with this, just based on what I've read in other posts)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete Champion

I am a fan of PlugShare and Remote S

• Like x 2
  4. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete Champion

Also Tesla Plus is very good too.

5. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

TeslaFi....a gem of a program to track your trips, charging, etc.

• Like x 1
  6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Here's what I have:
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  7. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

PlugShare is awesome... Especially if you set your filters for Tesla High Power Chargers and J1772 Level 2 chargers. The rest of the charging are too slow unless its an emergency or your have a Tesla ChaDeMo adapter.

EV ChAmp is great for estimating charge times at different amperages.

WindAlert is essential for road trip planning since headwinds can severely reduce range.

ChargePoint if you plan on using any of their chargers (which are very expensive... but good in an emergency)

• Like x 1
  8. pw1388

pw1388 Member

I use Teslab. Its still beta right now but its pretty cool. Tracks your drive history and you can compare it to other people.
    Welcome | Teslab

9. Co-pilot Jeff

Co-pilot Jeff Member

Hi!

We're using the Co-pilot app, designed to enhance and make the Autopilot drive experience safer for you and the community.

The app is in beta for iOS (you can find some details in the Model S forum here ). We'd love to extend an invitation to the Model X owners interested in beta testing.

You can sign up and find more information about the Co-pilot app through our website here.

10. ckwong

ckwong Member

So with all these third party apps for the MX is there any need to use the Tesla app?

11. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I still find the Tesla app one of the most useful because of it's simple and elegant interface.