Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended license plate frames

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon, I will be a new owner of a MYP and I understand that Tesla no longer comes with license plate frames. Just curious, what frame would be recommended to get besides OEM?
That is one of those personal affinity items. My wife and I have a frame from our alma mater. Friends of mine have frames that call out social causes they support. I know a lot of people who have dealership frames. Sports teams are popular. Tesla has a couple that are good. What do you like?

Upvote 0
Soon, I will be a new owner of a MYP and I understand that Tesla no longer comes with license plate frames. Just curious, what frame would be recommended to get besides OEM?

Thanks!
Matches the carbon fiber spoiler if you get MY Performance, or get matte black to match the window trim.

License Plate Frame Carbon Fiber- Black Aluminum Printed Carbon Pattern 2 Pack

Amazon.com
20210313_120425.jpg

Upvote 0
I got a simple matte black frame that matches the size of the OEM one:

If you want the chrome OEM frame, I will be glad to send it to you. I had previously purchased a different black frame with a Tesla logo but it obscures some vital parts of the plate.

Upvote 0

If you want the chrome OEM frame, I will be glad to send it to you. I had previously purchased a different black frame with a Tesla logo but it obscures some vital parts of the plate.

Sure, I would be interested. Do you have a picture?

Upvote 0

Good karma to you! If op doesn’t want it, I’ll take it. I’d steal my wife’s matte black and give her the chrome. 😂

Upvote 0
I went with TPU frames. No rust no rattle.

Better yet, silicone. Put this on both Teslas, not sure why nobody thought of this before. No rattle, no rust, impossible to damage the paint through vibration. Stretch it over and you are good to go. Only drawback is they are black however with all the black trim on a Tesla this is a plus.

Reactions: 804son
Upvote 0
Better yet, silicone. Put this on both Teslas, not sure why nobody thought of this before. No rattle, no rust, impossible to damage the paint through vibration. Stretch it over and you are good to go. Only drawback is they are black however with all the black trim on a Tesla this is a plus.
Did you have to get different bolts? What size? Don't want to get too long and damage the paint behind the license plate mount.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0