Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Paint Protection Process for new Pearl White???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Process is take the car to TVP Auto and have Pete take care of it for you :) The problem is you need to be willing to be without your car for the time it takes him to do it. I did my tinting there and was going to do the paint protection, but just never made time for it. Now I wish I had because after 63k miles, there are some little chips from rocks that are very obvious on the Pearl White.

Some thoughts:

• Do a few searches and look at threads with similar subjects and recommendations. There are a bunch. ;)
  • Consider if you want to have a full or partial film protection (like XPEL) applied; determine an installer and schedule
  • Consider if you want to have a semi-permanent (2-years perhaps?) coating applied; determine an installer and schedule
  • Consider if you prefer to apply a sealant or wax, either by itself or in addition to above; if you are going to do it yourself, ensure you have your supplies ready, otherwise find a detailer and schedule

Each of those should keep you busy for a quite a while, as there are a myriad of options and even more opinions. Me, well, you'll find more of what I did to my approaching 2-month old pearl-white S90D in other posts and on my personal website linked below (look for the auto detailing page). Net of that is, I didn't apply a film like many do, nor did I apply a coating, but I did take my ride through a couple day process on-my-own as I do every new ride I bring home to eliminate any road dust, clay, refine the finish with a fine polish, apply my favorite sealant, coat the lenses, coat the rims and wheels, do an initial regime on interior surfaces, and of course the normal wash and dry process along the way.

Good luck. The last few days waiting ARE the hardest!

Thanks, Paul, look forward to meeting up. So would you recommend front-end Xpel in the early days? I am not that obsessive about exterior cosmetics (still driving a 13 year-old Merc), but can't say I like the pock marks picked up over the years.

Thanks, Paul, look forward to meeting up. So would you recommend front-end Xpel in the early days? I am not that obsessive about exterior cosmetics (still driving a 13 year-old Merc), but can't say I like the pock marks picked up over the years.
Full coverage has saved the paint numerous times--and not always in the front .

Paint correction (if needed), followed by CQuartz Finest, followed by a clear bra paint cover of some kind (I have Tesla Paint Armor, but that is no longer available) on the front bare minimum. I also have it on the back end, behind the wheels, and a small strip on the trunk area lip.