Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended payment type

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the recommended payment type/mechanism/vendor for those of us who are trying to transact between private seller/buyer where shipping is involved?
Wanted to be extra vigilant especially that notice saying there are scammers targeting people buying wheels/tires.
Thanks!

Does anyone know (or have experience) with what happens if you pay someone via PayPal and they never ship you the item?
Make sure to use "Goods or Service" if you're pay someone to purchase an item, then the seller will have to provide a tracking number for that transaction.
But then again there are still risks if they send you something complete different then you'll have to collect evidence and take it up with PayPal.

Buying things online from private seller is always risky. Buy from someone you trust or vouched by other members (but this also does not guarantee they won't scam you). It's up to you to see if you want to take a risk.

Personally I suggest doing local pick ups. Anything else (if I want it bad enough) I'll just buy brand new or (if I don't) wait for an used one to pop up near me.

Upvote 0