Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended place to swap tires in Brampton/Mississauga?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a good place to swap tires (not wheels) in Brampton/Missisauga that is aware of the Model 3 jack points without damaging the car. I like the aftermarket rims I used for my winter tires, and want to use the OEM all season tires on them, so I'm guessing I'll need to get the wheels balanced as well after the tire is swapped.

The jack points arent that complicated. If you want to be careful buy a couple of pucks from crappy tire. I swap tires myself and use the puck as a sandwich between the jack and the jack point on the 3. Bring those with you and they will be able to do the same pretty much anywhere.

As far as places that are good that I've used before (but not on my 3), Total Tire in burlington has been good for me:

Burlington, ON Location information - Total Tire Inc

I still get Tesla to swap my wheels - I don’t trust myself or anyone else to do it. They do use a mobile service which is cheaper than the $100 they charge in shop and they have recently told me that Costco also does it for cheaper, but I’ll keep paying the extra for Tesla to do it twice a year.

My local CostCo is great - it's $15 per wheel even if they have to mount the tire, inflate etc. Bargain if you ask me and they always seem to do a great job, they use the pucks and I can see right into the workshop from outside. Having said that now I have my tires mounted on the right wheels (just got them to put my factory all seasons onto my Replikas this week), I'll just do the wheel swap myself - way quicker and easier to do it at home with pucks. Saving $60 is a bonus.

I fully recommend Malcom @ Mintztech.
Where can you beat $140.00 to do 8 tires for the Tesla, $120.00 for 8 Ioniq tires!!!

Attachments

• 20190406_162605.jpg
    20190406_162605.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG-20181112-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181112-WA0001.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: phpyeung