Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone who got PPF comment on how the film is around the side cameras on the front fenders? Is the film tucked nicely under the camera or is there an obvious cutout?

At least with my vehicle, no obvious cutout. Need to get super close to actually notice anything.

2rwm9o2.jpg

2076nnn.jpg

xbfngk.jpg

731ocn.jpg

No hands-on experience, but I think the effect won't be as dramatic on white (or silver) vs the darker colors. On the other hand, the lighter colors don't look as bad vs the darker colors when the car does get dirty. Also, it's not really the ceramic coating that brings out the color as it is the paint correction/polishing process.

Looks like he has Suntek CIR (Ceramic) Tint.
How does it compare to PINNACLE or STRATOS nano-ceramic tint?

I can't say as I haven't seen or used those other films. However I've had the Suntek for a few weeks now and it's great. Big difference from stock windows. Obviously. I feel so much less heat and keeps the cabin a lot cooler. I did 30%. Looking back, I would go a little darker and do the 20%.

@nekef1r I would've done 20% all around instead of the 30% that I did. Doug mentioned the auto-dimming mirrors and rear view mirror as the reason almost everyone was going with the 30%. Also, besides being the darkest you can go while still being legal. Glad I went with the windshield too.
Thanks. But in Cali, you cacan tint front side windows or the windshield, so it's illigal ether way.
I might go with 20% based on your suggestions. My only concern is being able to see through the rear view mirror at night with 20% tint.