Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you tint your sunroof? If so, what %?

Not the sunroof, just the back window. Done in one piece. I did 30% all around.

Thanks. But in Cali, you cacan tint front side windows or the windshield, so it's illigal ether way.
I might go with 20% based on your suggestions. My only concern is being able to see through the rear view mirror at night with 20% tint.

Ya sorry I was speaking of the back windows. Every time I went to the shop they had at least 2-4 cars they were working on so you can definitely see how it looks on the car itself rather than just a sample piece. I have zero problems being able to see at night with the 30% and I can't see it being an issue with the 20%. But definitely ask to see it prior to making a decision. If you do the 20%, would love to see pics!

Thanks, I am doing the full package so to be clear there is a rebate for the ppf and a rebate for the ceramic coating , and none for the tint ?

From what I understand, it's a rebate that covers the whole package. Not individual rebates for each product and the amount of the rebate is determined by type of ceramic coating. You can get either $300, $200$, or $100 back depending on the type of coating.

We are all just waiting on @mobilesuit818 to give us the next update on where we stand. I'm sure he'll keep us in the loop whenever he has an update.

I am back!! So we are well into our 2nd batch of 20x,

Here is what I have for qualified peeps from the first batch of 20x.

(First initial, Last Name)

SREISS
JMADELVILLE
APELATT
JENCARNACION
ATRAN
SHIGGINS
DBAUMAN
RLEE
NLLANDA
KNGUYEN
VBORGONIO
AMAGANLLI
IYEN
BSHYONG
TTHEINKOSOL
ATANG
KOTA
JTAM
ERAMOS
ANECHAY

I will get with Doug to start the process for processing rebates this week and should take about 5 days for it to show up, please PM me if you think your name should have been on here on the first batch.

@mobilesuit818 What is happening with full pkgs now that 20 person cutoff has been reached? Do we have to wait until another 20 people before those get rebates? Or can you have the full pkg price going forward just be the post-rebate price? I know these prices have been going on for a while, but does Doug see an end to them yet?

The group buy is structured at 20x bookings intervals and this is the current deal.

The original tier pricing evaporated in the air along with the Modesta coating long ago.

I will bring this up with Doug this week and see what he says.

I am back!! So we are well into our 2nd batch of 20x,

Here is what I have for qualified peeps from the first batch of 20x.

(First initial, Last Name)

SREISS
JMADELVILLE
APELATT
JENCARNACION
ATRAN
SHIGGINS
DBAUMAN
RLEE
NLLANDA
KNGUYEN
VBORGONIO
AMAGANLLI
IYEN
BSHYONG
TTHEINKOSOL
ATANG
KOTA
JTAM
ERAMOS
ANECHAY

I will get with Doug to start the process for processing rebates this week and should take about 5 days for it to show up, please PM me if you think your name should have been on here on the first batch.

Appreciate the update...thanks for your hard work on this.

do ppl usually tint the glass roof above the driver?

@brianmeow I want to say no on this. During the conversations I had with both Doug and his son, at no point did either of them every bring up that part of the glass. I'm sure if you request it, they might be able to do it for you. I asked them to do PPF on the door handles and Doug said that was the first time hearing that request. He ended up doing it for a pretty fair price.

Any thoughts on what could cause this damage?

My car is at the Tesla service center getting the windshield and headlight replaced and I got a call from the technician saying he noticed some damage on my bumper. He said the paint is also flaking off like someone attempted to use touchup paint as factory paint does not flake like this. He suggested that maybe the ppf installer damaged the bumper, applied touch up paint, and put the wrap over it but I seriously doubt that. If you zoom in, it looks like something hit the car and cut through both the film and paint.

Attachments

• IMG-8141.JPG
    IMG-8141.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-8139.JPG
    IMG-8139.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 117
Any thoughts on what could cause this damage?

My car is at the Tesla service center getting the windshield and headlight replaced and I got a call from the technician saying he noticed some damage on my bumper. He said the paint is also flaking off like someone attempted to use touchup paint as factory paint does not flake like this. He suggested that maybe the ppf installer damaged the bumper, applied touch up paint, and put the wrap over it but I seriously doubt that. If you zoom in, it looks like something hit the car and cut through both the film and paint.

wow that looks pretty bad. I would definitely go back to your installer and just ask if anything happened. Where did you get your PPF installed?