TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Apr 18, 2018.

1. callmehere

callmehere Member

oh man, not good to hear, hopefully they weren't the culprit. I'll be posting some pics this weekend after I pick up my car from them, hope everything checks out well :)

• Helpful x 1
  2. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

I would definitely contact Doug, in the few conversations I had with him, he seems like a straight shooter. Hopefully you're able to get that fixed.

3. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

L to the [email protected]#[email protected] A
    I would reach out to Doug, as I'm sure he documents every single car and if this showed up, he would have stopped all work and said something.

Looks like the damage has been there for a minute and looks like damage was done AFTER the PPF.

Have you taken your car somewhere like a car wash or something?

• Like x 1
  4. ooandyoo

ooandyoo Member

I'm definitely not blaming Doug. Ive had the car for over a month and did a detailed inspection when I picked it up. I also hand wash it weekly and would notice something like this. The damage is definitely after the PPF since it looks like whatever hit it, cut through the PPF and hit the paint. I guess it is possible, although highly unlikely, that an object hit that exact spot when I was driving and caused the damage. I also believe the Tesla service center that their technicians didnt cause the damage since it doesnt look like a area they would be working near.

5. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

L to the [email protected]#[email protected] A
  6. TM3R

TM3R Member

I made appointment with Doug over a month ago for PPF (before he had the second shop open) and the date was 11/16. Just called him moment ago and he got me in the week of 9/24. I am definitely happy to have it move up almost 2 months ahead. perfect timing line up as well since I will have my window tint this week at other shop because Doug don't carry 3M because i have such a good experience with 3M tint for my last 3 cars. I will post the ppicture here when I have it done.

7. Steveo34

Steveo34 New Member

American Wrap Co check out his Facebook instagram or website he is the best in the business. He has done 3 of my cars.