Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had it done at Concours in early August but it definitely wasn’t damaged when I picked it up.

I would reach out to Doug, as I'm sure he documents every single car and if this showed up, he would have stopped all work and said something.

Looks like the damage has been there for a minute and looks like damage was done AFTER the PPF.

Have you taken your car somewhere like a car wash or something?

Reactions: callmehere
I would reach out to Doug, as I'm sure he documents every single car and if this showed up, he would have stopped all work and said something.

Looks like the damage has been there for a minute and looks like damage was done AFTER the PPF.

Have you taken your car somewhere like a car wash or something?

I'm definitely not blaming Doug. Ive had the car for over a month and did a detailed inspection when I picked it up. I also hand wash it weekly and would notice something like this. The damage is definitely after the PPF since it looks like whatever hit it, cut through the PPF and hit the paint. I guess it is possible, although highly unlikely, that an object hit that exact spot when I was driving and caused the damage. I also believe the Tesla service center that their technicians didnt cause the damage since it doesnt look like a area they would be working near.

I made appointment with Doug over a month ago for PPF (before he had the second shop open) and the date was 11/16. Just called him moment ago and he got me in the week of 9/24. I am definitely happy to have it move up almost 2 months ahead. perfect timing line up as well since I will have my window tint this week at other shop because Doug don't carry 3M because i have such a good experience with 3M tint for my last 3 cars. I will post the ppicture here when I have it done.