TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Apr 18, 2018.

1. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Curious why the Modesta coating varies depending on color. And what is available for black?

2. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

L to the [email protected]#[email protected] A
    Full wrap is always an option for PPF and vinyl. Forgot the price.

Here are some pics taken from Concours, not my cars...

Attached Files:

3. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

• Like x 1
  4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

The suntek PPF isn't ultra? Non ultra only has a 5 year warranty vs 10 years for ultra ... Does Doug offer Suntek ultra?

5. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Former Vendor

It really comes down to the installer at this point and how lines may bother you. Can it lift over time? Possibly as this is due to the quality of the installer. You will get dirt in the lines and seams over time especially one that is being joined by multiple seams.

6. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

Confirmed that Concours only installs Suntek Ultra and that comes with a 10 year warranty.

• Like x 1
  7. Premier Mobile

This would vary from state to state or even county to county. With that said, the factory glass for Tesla is rated at approximately 75% VLT (visible light transmission). Here is a video showing what a gray Model 3 looks like Photosync 75 on the windshield and 45 on the sides / rear. We will be uploading more videos to show other shades of Photosync or Ceraluxe along with different Model 3 colors.

• Informative x 2
  8. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

There are different formulas based on the colors; Breakdown is as follows:
    BC-04 for Dark Cars
    BC-05 for lighter colored Cars

Both are Super Glass Formula finish.

• Like x 1
  9. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

Any chance you can circle back once you find that out? Also based on those pics it looks like they have good attention to details.

10. insaneoctane

Just wanted to thank everyone for their participation in this thread, it has been very helpful on my PPF quest!

• Like x 1
  11. insaneoctane

Awesome news! You may want to mention to Doug, the next time you talk to him, that he needs to update his website to reflect this. His website currently mentions the non-ultra Suntek PPF. . Specifically, in the clear bra page it says "Using Suntek PPFC, or Xpel ultimate, we can offer the best front end, or whole car protection against road rash, scratches, rock chips, sand storms, bird etchings, sap deposits and more from ever damaging your car’s paint". Suntek PPFC is their non-ultra product with only the 5 year warranty.

Anyway, thank you for verifying that! ....I mean who wouldn't rather have the better 10 year warranty material, right??

12. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Did he say how much of a discount he'd be willing to give if we got +20 participants?

• Like x 1
  13. insaneoctane

I do think that there certainly is a good chance of hitting this ... Especially if the additional discount is decent

• Like x 1
  14. Premier Mobile

On paint protection film, if you can find a ClearGuard Nano Dealer, go with that product. It has the clearest finish on the market and is rated at 8.20 mils thick. Here is a video we made today with a Tesla customer. We thought the film was permanently damaged, but not.

• Like x 3
  15. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

He stated a substantial discount, around $300-$350 for the PPF and Modesta options, respectively which is huge alone.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. insaneoctane

It would be in our best interest to keep track of who has decided to use Doug as part of this group buy then! I am heavily leaning towards using Doug (that confirmation that it's Suntek Ultra helped immensely ;) . I'm thinking I will not do Modesta at this time. I might do a ceramic coat myself a little later. Getting the PPF is my first priority. I'd be really interested in knowing exactly what the 20+ discount becomes for the PPF-only customer because that just might finalize my decision!

17. MosquitoFloss

MosquitoFloss Member

I'm totally interested in the Modesta, especially if we reach the 20+ needed for the discount.
    Assuming someday I'm finally graced with a VIN and delivery.

• Like x 1
  18. JHellow

JHellow Member

I am in for PPF on an S and paint correction. I can call him for an appointment. I am local to Torrance.

19. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

I'm in for a PPF, but still curious about pricing on full front vs full body. Like @MosquitoFloss that VIN can't come soon enough!

20. Tyres4M3

Tyres4M3 Member

I am picking up my car next week and taking it directly to Concours. PPF and Modesta at the very least.

• Like x 1