Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be in our best interest to keep track of who has decided to use Doug as part of this group buy then! I am heavily leaning towards using Doug (that confirmation that it's Suntek Ultra helped immensely ;) . I'm thinking I will not do Modesta at this time. I might do a ceramic coat myself a little later. Getting the PPF is my first priority. I'd be really interested in knowing exactly what the 20+ discount becomes for the PPF-only customer because that just might finalize my decision!

I agree and let’s keep track. Process is as follows:

1. Make an appt with Concours, requires a 50% deposit. We only get credit towards the 20x if you mention TeslaMotorClub Member.

2. Post here so we can keep record.

i.e. made an appt for 10/10
Last 4 VIN, color of M3, scope of work (PPF, full or front etc, Modesta, Tint)

I’ll keep a running list.

Please also make sure you take a pic of the reciept so you guys can get your rebate back when we hit the 20x.

I agree and let’s keep track. Process is as follows:

1. Make an appt with Concours, requires a 50% deposit. We only get credit towards the 20x if you mention TeslaMotorClub Member.

2. Post here so we can keep record.

i.e. made an appt for 10/10
Last 4 VIN, color of M3, scope of work (PPF, full or front etc, Modesta, Tint)

I’ll keep a running list.

Please also make sure you take a pic of the reciept so you guys can get your rebate back when we hit the 20x.
Rebate or refund?

I’m interested but waiting for VIN and delivery. Hopefully early June at the latest. I presume Modesta coating is full body? Sorry for a noob question but what’s the difference between PPF and Modesta coating. If I had to choose one what factors would I use to choose? Can I get paint correction done for either? Can I get both full body?

I’m interested but waiting for VIN and delivery. Hopefully early June at the latest. I presume Modesta coating is full body? Sorry for a noob question but what’s the difference between PPF and Modesta coating. If I had to choose one what factors would I use to choose? Can I get paint correction done for either? Can I get both full body?

PPF stands for Paint Protection Film versus Modesto coating which puts a ceramic coating on your paint.

If you can swing it, I would get both where the Modesto coating is applied right on top of the PPF adding an additional layer of protection while looking like wet glass.

I agree... that's why I am waiting on hearing about the pricing. I saw a group rate where they got 2800 for a full custom wrap. I would commit to that price.
I agree... that's why I am waiting on hearing about the pricing. I saw a group rate where they got 2800 for a full custom wrap. I would commit to that price.

Im going to state my personal opinion.

Full coverage PPF is beyond overkill, and not really needed. As promised, full PPF is $4500. This is different than a Full Vinyl Wrap.

Personally, i would go for Full Front PPF, along with the luggage strip, and Modesta.

• Helpful
Reactions: drewbaumann
I feel it’s worth every penny for full clear bra if you plan to own the car for a long time... makes it so you can’t mess up your clear coat and can easily wash or wipe down your car without water and without scratching

Sorry for the repost, but no one even speculated on my question 3 pages back, so I'll ask it again just in case you missed it....
Anyone know why the rocker panels are so much? It seems like they are pretty straight forward without pockets, grills and curvature (unlike the grill and bumper), yet it's more than a 25% upper? Just seems odd....am I missing something? I mean the luggage strip is only $40.

Reactions: drewbaumann