TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Apr 18, 2018.

1. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

L to the [email protected]#[email protected] A
    I agree and let’s keep track. Process is as follows:

1. Make an appt with Concours, requires a 50% deposit. We only get credit towards the 20x if you mention TeslaMotorClub Member.

2. Post here so we can keep record.

i.e. made an appt for 10/10
    Last 4 VIN, color of M3, scope of work (PPF, full or front etc, Modesta, Tint)

I’ll keep a running list.

Please also make sure you take a pic of the reciept so you guys can get your rebate back when we hit the 20x.

2. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

He owes me pricing for full body...

3. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

Just make sure to mention TeslaMotorclub Forum member when making the appt, it’ll count toward the 20x regardless of car.

4. mhan00

mhan00 Member

I’d be interested in joining the group buy, but I haven’t gotten my vin yet so the time frame probably won’t work. I’m probably at least a month out from getting my 3 delivered, lol.

5. LadeeLotus

LadeeLotus Member

I’m in. Just picked up my MSM M3 yesterday. Will call to make arrangements ASAP

6. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

Rebate or refund?

7. 9erDog

9erDog Member

I’m interested but waiting for VIN and delivery. Hopefully early June at the latest. I presume Modesta coating is full body? Sorry for a noob question but what’s the difference between PPF and Modesta coating. If I had to choose one what factors would I use to choose? Can I get paint correction done for either? Can I get both full body?

8. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

I call it a rebate, as you would get some money back after the fact or I guess you can call it a credit or refund.

9. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

PPF stands for Paint Protection Film versus Modesto coating which puts a ceramic coating on your paint.

If you can swing it, I would get both where the Modesto coating is applied right on top of the PPF adding an additional layer of protection while looking like wet glass.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. 9erDog

9erDog Member

You’ve been very helpful. Thanks.

11. ooandyoo

ooandyoo Member

I'm definitely interested in the Concours group buy for the PPF front. Im scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow. :)

12. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Timing wise I am STILL waiting for my ISA to contact me for a delivery date....I've had my VIN over 2 weeks (!) ... But, I am guessing that I will do PPF early May.

13. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

God the wait must be killing you.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. atlas310

atlas310 Member

I ordered end of March, still waiting for my VIN. Right now I'm looking at doing the tint and Modesta. On the fence about the ppf since I have a short commute and don't plan on doing a lot of highway driving.

15. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

Same here. I am mostly concerned about people scratching my doors in parking lots.

16. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Agreed, but I can't justify $4k+ for full protection.

17. drewbaumann

drewbaumann Member

I agree... that's why I am waiting on hearing about the pricing. I saw a group rate where they got 2800 for a full custom wrap. I would commit to that price.

18. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

Im going to state my personal opinion.

Full coverage PPF is beyond overkill, and not really needed. As promised, full PPF is $4500. This is different than a Full Vinyl Wrap.

Personally, i would go for Full Front PPF, along with the luggage strip, and Modesta.

• Helpful x 1
  19. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

I feel it’s worth every penny for full clear bra if you plan to own the car for a long time... makes it so you can’t mess up your clear coat and can easily wash or wipe down your car without water and without scratching

20. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Sorry for the repost, but no one even speculated on my question 3 pages back, so I'll ask it again just in case you missed it....
    Anyone know why the rocker panels are so much? It seems like they are pretty straight forward without pockets, grills and curvature (unlike the grill and bumper), yet it's more than a 25% upper? Just seems odd....am I missing something? I mean the luggage strip is only $40.

• Like x 1