Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Hakashu , How did it go? Did they coat the glass and wheels at the price offered?
Curious to hear your report!
turned out awesome. yes got the gtechnique crystal serum ultra and the suntek CIR tint 1200 + 580
didn't coat the glass, not sure about the wheels
will try and post some pics when I get a chance.
you get a followup appointment in 1 week to check out coating, get a car wash and to make sure tint bubbles have disappeared.
happy with the service and work done and would recommend.

Hey All. Just wanted to say thanks for doing the group buy and working on the relationship with Doug.

I just spoke to him on the phone and booked an appointment for July 18th to do the following:
  • Full Front PPF
  • PPF add-on: Luggage Strip
  • Chrome Delete
Total came out to $2,500. Deposit was half that amount. Seems like a lot of money but the PPF was so much cheaper compared to everywhere else.

I submitted my entry to the LA Tesla Group Buy Google docs.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: drewbaumann
Hey All. Just wanted to say thanks for doing the group buy and working on the relationship with Doug.

I just spoke to him on the phone and booked an appointment for July 18th to do the following:
  • Full Front PPF
  • PPF add-on: Luggage Strip
  • Chrome Delete
Total came out to $2,500. Deposit was half that amount. Seems like a lot of money but the PPF was so much cheaper compared to everywhere else.

I submitted my entry to the LA Tesla Group Buy Google docs.

Thanks!!!

Forgot to mention: Also doing the ceramic tint.

I just booked an appointment for the Paint Correction and GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra deal. I didn't realize that the rebate only applied to a package deal of PPF, Coating, and Tint, but the price still seemed good so I went ahead with it.

For those who have had work done at Concourse, let's see those pix!

...picked up my mom's 2014 MS today from Coat My Car in Newport and it looks better than my M3 I dropped off right after delivery! had 2 step paint correction, bumper in Suntek PPF and Ceramic Pro done..

Attachments

• IMG_20180602_155627.jpg
    IMG_20180602_155627.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20180602_155652.jpg
    IMG_20180602_155652.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20180602_155708.jpg
    IMG_20180602_155708.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20180602_155719.jpg
    IMG_20180602_155719.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20180602-183333.png
    Screenshot_20180602-183333.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20180602-183338.png
    Screenshot_20180602-183338.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
...picked up my mom's 2014 MS today from Coat My Car in Newport and it looks better than my M3 I dropped off right after delivery! had 2 step paint correction, bumper in Suntek PPF and Ceramic Pro done..
So your saying that your mom's car looks better than what Doug did for your car? How about the price? I would assume Doug price would be better. Did you regret getting it done at Doug's?

Did your mom or you also do the ultra coating?

So your saying that your mom's car looks better than what Doug did for your car? How about the price? I would assume Doug price would be better. Did you regret getting it done at Doug's?

Did your mom or you also do the ultra coating?
I don't think his post was related to Doug at all. He just posted bc the thread was originally about Southern California ppf installer options. I think he's saying the 2014 model S he just had work done on there looks better than his model 3 looks brand new from the factory. He's just dropped the model 3 off to get the work done.

I don't think his post was related to Doug at all. He just posted bc the thread was originally about Southern California ppf installer options. I think he's saying the 2014 model S he just had work done on there looks better than his model 3 looks brand new from the factory. He's just dropped the model 3 off to get the work done.
Oh OK.. Yeah thought he was comparing it to Doug's work. Sorry for the confusion

Also the pix of your car looked like it was in a shop as well... Did you get something done to your car? Or did you do your car the same place as your mom's? I saw the banner in the background.

Last edited:
...yeah I was lost for a second..i had my 3 dropped off right after delivery for get the same done a few weeks back but the orange in the red looked really nice in the Newport sun..

Oh OK.. Yeah thought he was comparing it to Doug's work. Sorry for the confusion

Also the pix of your car looked like it was in a shop as well... Did you get something done to your car? Or did you do your car the same place as your mom's? I saw the banner in the background.
...my car was done first right after delivery on 05/01..the red S is from yesterday after having service done..just throwing out them since they have done two cars for me and if anyone is picking up on OC to check them out if you're interested..didn't mean to hijack the thread..

...my car was done first right after delivery on 05/01..the red S is from yesterday after having service done..just throwing out them since they have done two cars for me and if anyone is picking up on OC to check them out if you're interested..didn't mean to hijack the thread..
Oh cool thanks for the update. The red does look amazing. If you don't mind me asking how much was the M3 for the PPF?