Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be crazy for me to get work done in California then ship my tesla back to ohio? It seems like a lot of the good quality and cheap work done in Socal.
I think so. You want someone close in case there are some issues that need to be ironed out. And socal quality is great, but I wouldn't say pricing is cheap. I can't imagine the cost for the work plus shipping would be less than the cost to have someone who does quality work nearby would be.

Can someone would take close reflection pics, with a dark reflection? Should be able to the see the details better.

...ones blurry and the other one is after..

Attachments

• photo0_01.jpg
    photo0_01.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 131
  • photo0_02.jpg
    photo0_02.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 118
Just got back from getting my GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra coating at Concours Auto Spa.
Shop was nice and easy to find. Doug and his guys made speedy work of the job. They were at it by 8:30am and done by 1:30pm. Took a Lyft to grab some breakfast and catch a matinee at Del Amo Mall. By the time I was done Doug rang me to tell me my car was ready.
Having owned black cars my whole life I will say that I've never seen a black finish this shiny. They did a great job with the paint correction, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the coating does it's job over the next several years. if it's as easy as Doug describes to wash this car now, it was worth the investment. I'm due for a complimentary follow up in a week or so, where they will give it a wash and show me the best way to do it myself and preserve this beauty.
Nice job guys!
M3Gtechniq.JPG

Last edited:
Finally posting my car pic
Gtechniq Serum Ultra Coating
Suntek CIR Tint 20% Back, 40% Front, 80% Windshield

Everything came out great with the coating, 1.5 weeks out, went back over weekend for free car wash and coating inspection. slight front windshield bubbling and may need to bring back to redo but Doug and his team are great and easy to work with. Would definitely recommend.

20180605_195034346_iOS.jpg 20180603_205528869_iOS.jpg 20180605_194752728_iOS.jpg

Finally posting my car pic
Gtechniq Serum Ultra Coating
Suntek CIR Tint 20% Back, 40% Front, 80% Windshield

Everything came out great with the coating, 1.5 weeks out, went back over weekend for free car wash and coating inspection. slight front windshield bubbling and may need to bring back to redo but Doug and his team are great and easy to work with. Would definitely recommend.

View attachment 307006 View attachment 307005 View attachment 307001

Hey that's right around the corner from Rush Street in Culver City! Do you work there? I used to work for Sony Pictures.