Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highly recommend Premier Auto Armor in Corona. Nick and his team placed first in a xpel install competition in California and 2nd nationally. Prices were better then most I saw also. Got bumper, headlights and side mirrors done. Did ceramic coating myself on my brand new white 3 which was surprisingly was easy to do.

Reactions: rfmurphy81
Highly recommend Premier Auto Armor in Corona. Nick and his team placed first in a xpel install competition in California and 2nd nationally. Prices were better then most I saw also. Got bumper, headlights and side mirrors done. Did ceramic coating myself on my brand new white 3 which was surprisingly was easy to do.

How much did you pay for the front PPF? I assume it did not come with the hood or fenders correct?

How much did you pay for the front PPF? I assume it did not come with the hood or fenders correct?

$500 for bumper, mirrors and headlights. Did not do the hood or fenders as it will be a daily and looking at my past cars I found it not too important to justify the added cost. I also got ceramic tint done at Mr tint in Norco and they did 1 piece rear for total of $500.

• Informative
Reactions: Cali_wete
So a couple weeks ago I got the full PPF treatment. It was pretty nice, but honestly didn’t feel much different than before. Today my MSM went in for the ultra ceramic treatment and I got to say it looks great and I love the feel of it. Not only does it look like glass, it feels like glass. And I got to say... that’s pretty cool.

Included a quick shot to show the reflective qualities. Not a glamour shot by any means!
822A25EA-F67A-49CA-80A3-B6CC3684D325.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and 9erDog
You too Drew! Thx for coordinating. How did your full PPF turn out after the dry time?

Mine has a bunch of bubbles, but Doug said will go away or they will tune up when I go back in a week. Overall the install looks great and totally invisible.

I do have one concerning spot on edge of driver side door (right at lower peak/point) that doesn’t wrap fully around the edge. That is the most likely place to brush against a wall or something (cuz it extends out furthest point), so a bit concerned not having that one wrapped fully. Passenger side is fully wrapped at the same point so it is not by design they excluded it. Will talk to Doug about it when I go back for tune up.

Any one find an issue with Doug’s install that required rework or reapplication of PPF? Hoping they can fix or redo without much push back. Doug seems awesome, so I think he will stand behind the work. Will keep posted.

Reactions: drewbaumann
You too Drew! Thx for coordinating. How did your full PPF turn out after the dry time?

Mine has a bunch of bubbles, but Doug said will go away or they will tune up when I go back in a week. Overall the install looks great and totally invisible.

I do have one concerning spot on edge of driver side door (right at lower peak/point) that doesn’t wrap fully around the edge. That is the most likely place to brush against a wall or something (cuz it extends out furthest point), so a bit concerned not having that one wrapped fully. Passenger side is fully wrapped at the same point so it is not by design they excluded it. Will talk to Doug about it when I go back for tune up.

Any one find an issue with Doug’s install that required rework or reapplication of PPF? Hoping they can fix or redo without much push back. Doug seems awesome, so I think he will stand behind the work. Will keep posted.

One small area of my fender has some roughness and might get replaced. Super stoked about the ceramic. I am sure Doug will address your issues.

Dropped my car off with Doug this morning. There were 3x other model 3 in the shop to get work done! Thanks guy for setting up the WLA group buy with Concour. Cant wait to get the car back and see the transformation. Getting 30% Ceramic tint all around + front frontal PPF + Gtechnique Ceramic coating + blackvue 750s 2 channel install...According to Doug, we are on the 2nd set of 20 people group buy.

Question, for those who run the group buy site, is there a way to check and see how many have completed the job with Doug?