Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my car off with Doug this morning. There were 3x other model 3 in the shop to get work done! Thanks guy for setting up the WLA group buy with Concour. Cant wait to get the car back and see the transformation. Getting 30% Ceramic tint all around + front frontal PPF + Gtechnique Ceramic coating + blackvue 750s 2 channel install...According to Doug, we are on the 2nd set of 20 people group buy.

Question, for those who run the group buy site, is there a way to check and see how many have completed the job with Doug?

I can see when they are scheduled to get appointments, but we haven't created a chart for it. Is there any additional value that would add?

How much was the blackvue install? Also how are you handling power?

I can see when they are scheduled to get appointments, but we haven't created a chart for it. Is there any additional value that would add?

How much was the blackvue install? Also how are you handling power?

I think its good to see where we are at with the group buy. Personally, i would want to know where i am standing in a group buy of 20. Doug did say he is completely booked until middle of August.

Blackvue install was $300, got the blackvue camera thru Massdrop deal posted on here in another post.

According to Doug, he has installed about a dozen of these with power drawing directly from the 12v battery (going thru the firewall). I did have a bit of a concern reading some post on here before about parking mode drain the battery, which required a replacement but...Doug said he hasn't had any problem with this.

I think its good to see where we are at with the group buy. Personally, i would want to know where i am standing in a group buy of 20. Doug did say he is completely booked until middle of August.

Blackvue install was $300, got the blackvue camera thru Massdrop deal posted on here in another post.

According to Doug, he has installed about a dozen of these with power drawing directly from the 12v battery (going thru the firewall). I did have a bit of a concern reading some post on here before about parking mode drain the battery, which required a replacement but...Doug said he hasn't had any problem with this.
Alright. Excited to see how it works out for you. Keep us updated!

In regards to the form: We would need to check for users that have signed up for ppf, ceramic, and tint. @insaneoctane helped me out with this last time so maybe we can get that going again.

As noted already, there are few and in between from everyone purchasing the full package versus piece meal.

20x people need to buy the full package (Tint, PPF and Ceramic) for the rebate to apply, but the Group discount is substantial enough that it makes it worthwhile compared to other places that offer similar services.

I just put my deposit for full front PPF with Doug. His pricing was just too good. I called around to various shops in OC and they're all significantly more expensive. He did say that they very busy but not quite fully booked through August. So if youre considering Concours, just call and see their availability.

I just put my deposit for full front PPF with Doug. His pricing was just too good. I called around to various shops in OC and they're all significantly more expensive. He did say that they very busy but not quite fully booked through August. So if youre considering Concours, just call and see their availability.

Just dropped my car off this morning. He is filling up fast. I made my appointment in the beginning of May and just got in today.

You will be very pleased with his install. Reminder to log your entry on the google sheet.

Just dropped my car off this morning. He is filling up fast. I made my appointment in the beginning of May and just got in today.

I made an appt back in May as well, and plan to drop it off around July 4th break, really surprised on how back up he is, and its not like he is sand bagging, he has at least 3-4 Model 3's in the shop at all times..

Reminder to log your appt in the google sheet as well.

Reactions: drewbaumann
You will be very pleased with his install. Reminder to log your entry on the google sheet.

I made an appt back in May as well, and plan to drop it off around July 4th break, really surprised on how back up he is, and its not like he is sand bagging, he has at least 3-4 Model 3's in the shop at all times..

Reminder to log your appt in the google sheet as well.

Yes. please log your appointments! We are definitely missing some. @mbman81 Did you fill out the form?

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that although there are claims that Concours is booked through August. That is not entirely true. There are still plenty of spots open in July for tints and ceramic jobs. For PPF jobs though call Doug at Concours to get clarification.

Don't have my M3 yet, but booked to keep an appt locked. How does the rebate work? Would we just be receiving a credit to our CC after the job is done? I believe Concours is well beyond 20+

For PPF with Doug, is matte PPF offered? If so, are there any pricing differences?

Thanks

Yes, but pricing is likely different. Hit him up and see what he can do for you! Tell him Drew told you to hit him up about it. I think he will be happy to accommodate you. We were talking about doing mine in matte, but ultimately I decided against it. Kinda wish I would have!

Reactions: MXWing
Yes, but pricing is likely different. Hit him up and see what he can do for you! Tell him Drew told you to hit him up about it. I think he will be happy to accommodate you. We were talking about doing mine in matte, but ultimately I decided against it. Kinda wish I would have!

I think gloss vs matte is just picking favorites among children. It's just different look with different levels of spectacular.

My Model X is gloss with no regrets.

Alright. Excited to see how it works out for you. Keep us updated!

In regards to the form: We would need to check for users that have signed up for ppf, ceramic, and tint. @insaneoctane helped me out with this last time so maybe we can get that going again.

Here's the final result.
Frontal PPF, ceramic coating, 40% tint all around (no windshield), blackvue dash cam. I did the Gtechniq G1 Clearvision and C5 Wheel Armour myself

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg