Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended USB-C phone mount?

dduffey

Aug 26, 2015
Austin, TX
I have the new center console wireless charger in our 2021 MY, but a USB-C phone. I would prefer not to have to deal with a cable and really liked the old console where I would just dock the phone.

Is it possible to add a USB-C dock to the existing dock? That would be preferred or another high quality dock would be okay too. I am fine with the location of the existing dock ... I just want a one handed solution to holster/dock/undock without messing with cables or drawers clips or otherwise.

Reactions: jsmay311

Glenn T

Jun 3, 2021
Reseda
I have the new center console wireless charger in our 2021 MY, but a USB-C phone. I would prefer not to have to deal with a cable and really liked the old console where I would just dock the phone.

Is it possible to add a USB-C dock to the existing dock? That would be preferred or another high quality dock would be okay too. I am fine with the location of the existing dock ... I just want a one handed solution to holster/dock/undock without messing with cables or drawers clips or otherwise.
I had a 3 with your dock preference.

Since I’m getting a Y soon, could you send me a picture of you ur center console. Upon receipt I will actively search for a solution and then share my findings.

dduffey

Aug 26, 2015
Austin, TX
I too have a 2018 Model 3 with the old console and wired USB-C dock, it doesn't look like the new center console can do with without some modification.

This is not my picture and video, but it starts at ~2min and probably better than any picture I could include.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC