Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Way to Wash MY?

How do you wash your Model Y? (Poll)

• Touchless spray

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Regular car wash with brushes

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Hand Wash

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chemicals guys, Snow foam, Diablo Tire, and Butter Wax. 2 Bucket system and Pressure washer.
I tried a touchles car wash by me, and while it was decent, it left a fair amount of chemical residue

75AF6BA5-0FF3-4693-8A25-C974735D469E.jpeg

Reactions: MrWattson
Last I researched 2+ years ago, waterless sprays were talked about often. Been using Wash Wax All since with fine results, but my car is white. Now with blue Y on the way, thinking 2-bucket is way to go literally by >50% diff in recs per the poll. Maybe reserve WWA for windows/interior only (?). Thanks for this poll.

I just got my MY earlier this month so haven't had to wash just yet however I will be using a new (to me) process. My vehicle is never touching a car wash.

Griot's Garage (GG) Brilliant Finish car wash using their Brilliant Finish foam cannon
Then If wheels are very dirty, use GG Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner
Then GG Ceramic Wash & Coat using the cannon (if I don't like the Wash & Coat I will switch to GYEON Quartz Wet Coat spray)
Then dry off using leaf blower and GG microfiber drying towel
Finish off tires with GG Black Satin tire coating

I am not sponsored or endorsed by Griot's Garage in any way; I've simply enjoyed their products over the years and a lot of the consumables are decently-priced.

Reactions: bickie and Bobbo8