Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Record here when you receive your invite to build your Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still seems really premature unless you're an employee. I really don't expect a non-employee to get even the invite to configure until October, and they actually receiving the car until the very end of October at the earliest.

My combination of things should put me pretty high up on the list:
- current model S owner
- reserved 3/31/16
- live in CA, Bay Area (which might get priority as in past launches).

haven't received any word yet on configurator availability.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine
Nothing her either. Also a Model S owner, reserved on 3/31/16. Live in St. Louis. Selected the premium option that says delivery on Oct, Nov, Dec 2017. I'm thinking that an October delivery is really out of the question, since can't yet configure.

Still hoping to see a Model 3 before I firm up options....I traveled to Florida to see a Model S before I locked in configuration back in 2013.

I'm thinking that an October delivery is really out of the question, since can't yet configure.

To be entirely fair, that's only true when you're assuming it'll be like the Model S or X order times. With such a tiny amount of total configurations, they can run much shorter lead times conceptually.

In fact, depending on how much they want to conceal their build rate during the ramp (for any reason) it could make a lot of sense for them to build a crapload of cars before they even take the orders, then open up the configurator, and then assign already-built cars to people as their orders confirm, and send them to the appropriate location.

Is that likely? I can't think of a reason they'd do it that way, but it's certainly possible.

• Informative
Reactions: jhs_7645
So, is it possible you can refrain from posting that you have received nothing yet, and only post when you have? In case you missed the obvious, that is what this thread is for. Thanks.

Is it possible you could refrain from posting that someone incorrectly posted? And only post when you have recieved your invite? In case you missed the obvious, that is what this thread is for. Thank youuuuuuuu....