Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Record: longest battery pre-conditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it might be a good time to look at the records for batter preconditioning since many of us have cold-soaked batteries due to not driving.

Rules:
- no squatting i.e. can't just sit at home or at the supercharging before charging to keep preconditioning going, you have to keep moving
- you can count time while supercharging, sometimes we arrive and the battery is not yet warm enough and it keeps conditioning during SCing

My record today:
37 minutes: 30 min driving and 7 min while supercharging.
Model P3
California
90/60 temps (high/low)

That's a weirdly high time for those temps. Were you actually close by and/or high state of charge? It can say preconditioning while not actually adding that much heat power IIRC.

Anyhow. Something around an hour or so of preconditioning on the way in the Winter. Drove from my house to the nearest Supercharger directly. Nav said it would take over 50 minutes if I recall (and started preconditioning immediately in my driveway) but I took a back way there. Don't recall the temps, but there was snow, probably above -10C (14F) but below 0C (32F).

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B