Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Record time for Model X order to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for my 2nd Model X 6-seat P90DL with all options on 2-24-16. It was confirmed 3-3-15 and delivery has been confirmed for 3-29-16. In other words slightly over a month from order to delivery. Is this some kind of record?

Just a guess DarrinR but congratulations. Possibly you hit a sweet spot and ordered exactly what someone had confirmed and they dropped out an forfeited their $5K. So Tesla did the best thing for them and you and voila you get a car in 6 weeks. There are several who are over a year and still waiting. Pure Speculation and no negative message here. Very fast indeed.

Just a guess DarrinR but congratulations. Possibly you hit a sweet spot and ordered exactly what someone had confirmed and they dropped out an forfeited their $5K. So Tesla did the best thing for them and you and voila you get a car in 6 weeks. There are several who are over a year and still waiting. Pure Speculation and no negative message here. Very fast indeed.
Yup I think you are probably correct. Reading the forums it does appear that some reservation holders decided not to purchase a car at this time. I'm glad I was able to get my MX so quickly

Mine confirmed 1/18/16 vin 2/29/16 I'm So Cal resident will get car in Costa Mesa, CA was told it was finished about 3/1 but still has not even shipped to final delivery place yet. Ouch. Envious but happy for others. I am about to offer to fly to Fremont for delivery if that will move them a bit. Got a delivery range of 3/17 (busted that mark clearly) to 3/31 which is a wider range than any other I've seen. My wife and I planned an Easter drive up the coast to visit family but that is now back burner. Our DES is terrific and trying very hard to help but apparently doesn't get much info passed down. Maybe with new information officer it will get better. 'That's the way the pickle squirts.'

That does sound pretty accelerated.
Mine was confirmed on 16th Jan and VIN assigned on 3/11 and the delivery scheduled for March 29. It is for a 90D.

Frankly I was not expecting it to be this quick and now need to deal with the overlapping leases but hey it's MX after all.

So for the last few on this thread, are you SIG's or part of the first 25k of observations?

So hypothetically if I as a non Sig just reserved an MX90 when would it come? Trying to figure this out as lease of our SUV up in December 2016. Else I'm looking for an inventory ms p90d.

I reserved my 90D on 10 Feb 2016, configured 24 Feb 2016, and am told I will have it this month. This was WAY faster than I expected, and I'm now scrambling to get the electrical done in my garage!

So for the last few on this thread, are you SIG's or part of the first 25k of observations?

So hypothetically if I as a non Sig just reserved an MX90 when would it come? Trying to figure this out as lease of our SUV up in December 2016. Else I'm looking for an inventory ms p90d.

I was not a Sig, and had no reservation prior to making one on 10 Feb 2016, but I think I got very lucky. If they deliver as promised, I could go from reservation to car in 6-7 weeks. I don't think you can count on this.

• Informative
Reactions: Tedkidd
I placed an order for my 2nd Model X 6-seat P90DL with all options on 2-24-16. It was confirmed 3-3-15 and delivery has been confirmed for 3-29-16. In other words slightly over a month from order to delivery. Is this some kind of record?
I'm anxiously waiting to see your Silver with white seats 6 seater Darrin. My configuration exactly and I have yet to see a 6 seat with white seats + silver exterior. Plus not to mention the cool photo op your dual silver X's present!

IMG_3252.jpg

Here is my 6-seater, Silver with white, I like it. Took delivery on 3/12, drove it a few days, and then had ankle surgery. Won't be able to drive it for 6 weeks. Still trying to figure out if having it and not being able to drive it is worse than waiting for it.