TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Record time for Model X order to delivery?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DarrinR, Mar 19, 2016.

1. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

I placed an order for my 2nd Model X 6-seat P90DL with all options on 2-24-16. It was confirmed 3-3-15 and delivery has been confirmed for 3-29-16. In other words slightly over a month from order to delivery. Is this some kind of record?

2. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

WOW, this is definitely record breaking. Especially if you reserve your car 2, 3, 4 years ago. lol

3. McManX

McManX Member

I also ordered 2-24-16, confirmed march 2 or 3, with estimated delivery by end of month. almost loaded 90D

4. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

Sounds like Tesla are really working hard to fill orders

5. av8rbud

av8rbud Member

Just a guess DarrinR but congratulations. Possibly you hit a sweet spot and ordered exactly what someone had confirmed and they dropped out an forfeited their $5K. So Tesla did the best thing for them and you and voila you get a car in 6 weeks. There are several who are over a year and still waiting. Pure Speculation and no negative message here. Very fast indeed.

6. av8rbud

av8rbud Member

DarrinR, did you mean confirmation 3-3-16 NOT 15

7. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

Oops! Yes 2016 not 2015. Good catch!!

8. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

Yup I think you are probably correct. Reading the forums it does appear that some reservation holders decided not to purchase a car at this time. I'm glad I was able to get my MX so quickly

9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Lucky, I am still waiting to get a VIN for my 90D

10. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Sounds like proximity to Freemont.

• Like x 1
  11. av8rbud

av8rbud Member

Mine confirmed 1/18/16 vin 2/29/16 I'm So Cal resident will get car in Costa Mesa, CA was told it was finished about 3/1 but still has not even shipped to final delivery place yet. Ouch. Envious but happy for others. I am about to offer to fly to Fremont for delivery if that will move them a bit. Got a delivery range of 3/17 (busted that mark clearly) to 3/31 which is a wider range than any other I've seen. My wife and I planned an Easter drive up the coast to visit family but that is now back burner. Our DES is terrific and trying very hard to help but apparently doesn't get much info passed down. Maybe with new information officer it will get better. 'That's the way the pickle squirts.'

12. WestCoastP85D

WestCoastP85D Member

My neighbor also was in line for a Model X P90D, and was originally projected to take delivery in the second half of the year. He was notified he will be taking delivery this month. Orders are being pulled in....

13. sukhi

sukhi Member

That does sound pretty accelerated.
    Mine was confirmed on 16th Jan and VIN assigned on 3/11 and the delivery scheduled for March 29. It is for a 90D.

Frankly I was not expecting it to be this quick and now need to deal with the overlapping leases but hey it's MX after all.

14. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

I reserved my 90D on 10 Feb 2016, configured 24 Feb 2016, and am told I will have it this month. This was WAY faster than I expected, and I'm now scrambling to get the electrical done in my garage!

15. larmor

larmor Member

So for the last few on this thread, are you SIG's or part of the first 25k of observations?

So hypothetically if I as a non Sig just reserved an MX90 when would it come? Trying to figure this out as lease of our SUV up in December 2016. Else I'm looking for an inventory ms p90d.

16. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

I was not a Sig, and had no reservation prior to making one on 10 Feb 2016, but I think I got very lucky. If they deliver as promised, I could go from reservation to car in 6-7 weeks. I don't think you can count on this.

• Informative x 1
  17. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I'm anxiously waiting to see your Silver with white seats 6 seater Darrin. My configuration exactly and I have yet to see a 6 seat with white seats + silver exterior. Plus not to mention the cool photo op your dual silver X's present!

18. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

I'll definitely post the side by side photos as soon as I take delivery next Wednesday.

• Like x 1
  19. rsampsonjr

rsampsonjr Member

IMG_3252.jpg
    Here is my 6-seater, Silver with white, I like it. Took delivery on 3/12, drove it a few days, and then had ankle surgery. Won't be able to drive it for 6 weeks. Still trying to figure out if having it and not being able to drive it is worse than waiting for it.

• Like x 3
  20. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

sounds like max-loaded Model X's on the West Coast are being expedited for delivery by 3/31 to make Q1 delivery numbers outstanding