Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recovering Dashcam Footage / Crime Scene

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I unknowingly drove past a crime scene last night and my dash cam definitely recorded the license plate of the criminal but I can't access the footage...the only footage I can retrieve is from this morning. Does anybody know how I can access last night's footage (approx. 15 hours ago)? My friends business had tons of property damage done to it and I would love to get this footage.

I called my friend / the business owner last night trying to describe what I saw (when I first drove past I didn't realize anything was amiss, it wasn't until the car was moved that I could see what occurred) but when I drove past about 15 minutes later there where cops there and I could see the damage and realized I had witnessed the criminal's car. I tried describing the car but it was at night, I just kept thinking "too bad there wasn't a camera recording this" when it occurred to me this morning that my new Tesla is a supercomputer.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you are able to get the USB and plugin to the computer. There are few free programs that will recover data, so maybe if it was delete, you can recover.
Here is one of the programs I've used to recover data from my Samsung before I accidently wiped the SD card.