TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Red 2.5 sport in Australia

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by TEG, Oct 12, 2011.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

First one I've seen that uses ETOH !

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

For those that missed the reference, the sale listing says engine type = ethanol. I assume that they didn't haven an "electric" option so someone picked that as "other than gasoline".

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

#4 meloccom, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that these are Tesla Motors stock that Jay McCormack (Tesla Aus Sales Mgr) has ordered to keep them going until Model S in 2013!
    There are currently 5 vehicles for sale on carsales.com.au and it looks like he is still taking orders for new cars.
    In Australia there are no rules preventing Tesla Motors taking out a dealer license.
    The one featured here is Jay's demo that he has been using for test drives and events, I'm pretty sure I recognize the plate.

5. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

Left hand steering though...? Surely they must still be making right-hand steering?

6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

They are all right hand steering, I think they are using some stock photos not always photos of the actual cars.
    The license plate mentioned matches the Roadster featured in pictures on the Australian Tesla store page.
    This car is right hand steering.