TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red brake caliper covers no longer optional on P90D

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by prqpn, Oct 19, 2016.

1. prqpn

prqpn Member

Sep 24, 2016
    New Hampshire
    I've been holding off on ordering (thankfully!) but just ran my config again and red caliper covers are now required, whereas before you could un-select them. I prefer the look, will have to spend $200 to get the MGP covers in black.
  2. timdorr

timdorr Model S P1698 / VIN 1657

Aug 2, 2012
    Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Maybe ask your owner advisor if they can make an exception? It's just a flag on the car's options, so I don't think any P-features actually depend on the color of the calipers :)