TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red Brake Calipers Gone?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by GOPJEW, Jun 5, 2018.

1. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Was just on the configuration page checking out the new seats and noticed on the picture of the MXP100D there was NOT red brake calipers anymore, not even listed as it used to be...

Hmmm....maybe so many people were painting their own they just did away with it.

2. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

#2 AdamHLG, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    I just painted mine actually (well, "I" didn't, but I had them painted, along with tinting the side windows and a BC-04 Modesta coating). Highly recommend. I will post pics after I have my rear lighted "T" installed next week. I used TLC Auto Detail near Dulles Airport - not far from you. They did a fantastic job.

3. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

I have a P so they came painted. Did my wrap and dechrome at Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Dulles...twice! I blacked out my T's this time - look awesome. Only red on the vehicle are the calipers and the P & D from the P100D

4. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

Awesome! I am excited to get the lighted "T" installed next week to complete my exterior mods.

I have to say - the Modesta is not even completely cured yet (not allowed to wash car for 2 weeks - so one week to go - but it was 'flash cured' with infrared lamps and the installer says it is fine to drive, get wet in thunderstorms, etc.) This is easily the best decision I made. I was at beach this past weekend and a bird crapped on the hood. I took a damp microfiber and it wiped off as if it was a polar opposite magnet. I probably didn't even need to wipe it. I could have poured a bottle of water on it and it would have slid off. Pretty amazing.

• Like x 1
  5. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

What happened to old one with the "RIP"

6. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Yep - Opti-coat and Cermic Pro work the same way. Wife's car was done with Ceramic Pro and she simply takes a micro-fiber and wipes it off...

• Like x 1
  7. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Some day I will write up the saga - but short story, SC was fixing some items from delivery and it was "wrecked"..."New" Angus is the replacement they ordered for me. They owned it...and gave me a loaner for the duration of the new order.

8. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

oh, want to see pics!!!!