Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers Gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just on the configuration page checking out the new seats and noticed on the picture of the MXP100D there was NOT red brake calipers anymore, not even listed as it used to be...

Hmmm....maybe so many people were painting their own they just did away with it.

I just painted mine actually (well, "I" didn't, but I had them painted, along with tinting the side windows and a BC-04 Modesta coating). Highly recommend. I will post pics after I have my rear lighted "T" installed next week. I used TLC Auto Detail near Dulles Airport - not far from you. They did a fantastic job.

Last edited:
I just painted mine actually (well, "I" didn't, but I had them painted, along with tinting the side windows and a BC-04 Modesta coating). Highly recommend. I will post pics after I have my rear lighted "T" installed next week. I used TLC Auto Detail near Dulles Airport - not far from you. They did a fantastic job.

Edit: OK attached is a sneak peak!
I have a P so they came painted. Did my wrap and dechrome at Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Dulles...twice! I blacked out my T's this time - look awesome. Only red on the vehicle are the calipers and the P & D from the P100D

I have a P so they came painted. Did my wrap and dechrome at Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Dulles...twice! I blacked out my T's this time - look awesome. Only red on the vehicle are the calipers and the P & D from the P100D

Awesome! I am excited to get the lighted "T" installed next week to complete my exterior mods.

I have to say - the Modesta is not even completely cured yet (not allowed to wash car for 2 weeks - so one week to go - but it was 'flash cured' with infrared lamps and the installer says it is fine to drive, get wet in thunderstorms, etc.) This is easily the best decision I made. I was at beach this past weekend and a bird crapped on the hood. I took a damp microfiber and it wiped off as if it was a polar opposite magnet. I probably didn't even need to wipe it. I could have poured a bottle of water on it and it would have slid off. Pretty amazing.

Reactions: P85_DA
Awesome! I am excited to get the lighted "T" installed next week to complete my exterior mods.

I have to say - the Modesta is not even completely cured yet (not allowed to wash car for 2 weeks - so one week to go - but it was 'flash cured' with infrared lamps and the installer says it is fine to drive, get wet in thunderstorms, etc.) This is easily the best decision I made. I was at beach this past weekend and a bird crapped on the hood. I took a damp microfiber and it wiped off as if it was a polar opposite magnet. I probably didn't even need to wipe it. I could have poured a bottle of water on it and it would have slid off. Pretty amazing.
Yep - Opti-coat and Cermic Pro work the same way. Wife's car was done with Ceramic Pro and she simply takes a micro-fiber and wipes it off...

Reactions: AdamHLG