Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers - incredible work and price!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great job on mine as well! Thanks Spence!

Mind the tire lube... Didn't wash that off yet.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 216
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
QUOTE="Flexbomb, post: 3140431, member: 45194"]Oooh, if they have reflective black that'd be super cool. I wonder if that exists.[/QUOTE]

The decals are white. There's even a Tesla T in the front where one can never see unless the wheels are off. Crazy attention to detail.

Contrast came out good for Lime Green and MCRed.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-1_9-51-45.png
    upload_2018-11-1_9-51-45.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 200
  • upload_2018-11-1_9-52-41.png
    upload_2018-11-1_9-52-41.png
    698.5 KB · Views: 177
  • upload_2018-11-1_10-2-24.png
    upload_2018-11-1_10-2-24.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
  • upload_2018-11-1_10-3-7.png
    upload_2018-11-1_10-3-7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 186
  • upload_2018-11-1_10-3-32.png
    upload_2018-11-1_10-3-32.png
    1 MB · Views: 194
Does anyone know if Spence's shop can keep the same T E S L A text size as oem instead of the enlarged version?

I believe he can. I’d call him and ask as he probably would be able to.

Yeah, I think he should be able to do it as well. He laser cuts them on site, so should just have to reduce the font size in the file and bang-o. TBH I didn't even realize it was a different size, I like the way it looks as-is, but either way it will look kickass :)

Hi Guys, new here - I recently got my Calipers painted by Spence - He did such an amazing Job!
Great set of guys over there. Pics for Proof.

Sad News guys - as an update - I got my Calipers done in June, it's now March. Less than 10 months.

I wash my car weekly and baby it. Still under 10K/ never apply any extreme high pressures to the caliper areas and after painting the calipers let the car sit in my garage for 7 days.

My Calipers are now chipping and peeling away :(

Anyone toying with this or considering it - please steer clear if this is the quality and longevity of the job.

• Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
Sad News guys - as an update - I got my Calipers done in June, it's now March. Less than 10 months.

I wash my car weekly and baby it. Still under 10K/ never apply any extreme high pressures to the caliper areas and after painting the calipers let the car sit in my garage for 7 days.

Anyone toying with this or considering it - please steer clear if this is the quality and longevity of the job.

Hi- Jen here from SpenceTIRE
While we appreciate your business and your feedback model 3’s were just released and from the manufacturer their is a lot of oils on the calipers. Please give us an opportunity to rectify this as we now implemented a new technique to help neutralize the oils. As noted on our website we guarantee our work for the season. With that in mind if the vehicle was driven in the winter months the salt from the grounds tarnishes the durability and finish. Please note if you would like a permanent paint solution, we offer powder coating however the calipers would need to be to be removed from the vehicle and disassembled. The pistons and the seals will be removed and new seals will have to be repurchased then assembled by a certified mechanic for $1800. For the price of $250 it is a fraction of the cost to get the same look and can be refreshed yearly for a touch up fee of $100. We are sorry that the calipers did not last but their are a lot of factors to be considered. Kindly contact us to book you in to have your calipers refreshed.
Thank you,
Jen

Reactions: RAM_Eh
Hi- Jen here from SpenceTIRE
While we appreciate your business and your feedback model 3’s were just released and from the manufacturer their is a lot of oils on the calipers. Please give us an opportunity to rectify this as we now implemented a new technique to help neutralize the oils. As noted on our website we guarantee our work for the season. With that in mind if the vehicle was driven in the winter months the salt from the grounds tarnishes the durability and finish. Please note if you would like a permanent paint solution, we offer powder coating however the calipers would need to be to be removed from the vehicle and disassembled. The pistons and the seals will be removed and new seals will have to be repurchased then assembled by a certified mechanic for $1800. For the price of $250 it is a fraction of the cost to get the same look and can be refreshed yearly for a touch up fee of $100. We are sorry that the calipers did not last but their are a lot of factors to be considered. Kindly contact us to book you in to have your calipers refreshed.
Thank you,
Jen

Hi Jen,

I had sent you guys an email this past weekend about this very issue. Would you be able to review and respond?

Thank you.

Reactions: yyzunderdog

I think ‘steer clear’ is a bit strong?
I had my calipers done by Spence on my 2017 MX and latest July 18’ 100D MS and never had an issue on either. 25k mileage and through regular touchless washes. Is yours an M3? Maybe a different texture on the caliper?

Spence is a great guy and I’m sure would rectify any concerns asap.

I know 2 buddies of mine with MS’s and they also have had an awesome experience. One 75D and 100D MS.

Reactions: Safari
Better surface prep would help with paint adhesion. At minimum a degreasing with ’Brake Clean’. However our winter environment and road contamination are brutal. Spray bomb high-temp paint would probably be fine year around in the southern states.
The only real solution however is caliper removal, disassembly and powder coating. I’ve had both PBR and Brembo calipers disassembled, sandblasted, rebuilt with new seals and painted aluminum or black. Track brakes so really didn’t care about permanent color so passed on powder coating at the time.

Had it done here. Been around forever. It’s all these guys do:

Midwest Calipers - your total braking solution

Last edited: