TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red Brake Calipers - incredible work and price!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Navsarin, Apr 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Swift

Swift Member

Looking for someone in NY as well.

2. 808 24 7

808 24 7 Member

I've had my calipers painted through Spence Tire over this past week as well, and I have to say I'm quite happy. Quality work, takes the time to do it right. Would definitely recommend. Thanks again!

3. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

For the lugs, as @cwave1 mentioned, you can get the Tesla covers that they normally have for the grey wheels.

As for the cost, he normally charges $200 for the plasti-dip; I purchased 2 coupons, 1 for the callipers and 1 for the wheels 2 months ago, so I paid $180 for each service instead of $200.

4. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Got mine done last week!
    Very nice job. Highly recommend him.
    One thing though, he wasn't aware of the "Jack" mode and he took my tires off without putting the car in Jack mode. I told him about it afterwards so from here on in, he should be able to do it.
    I don't think anyone who had it done before should worry about it not being in "Jack" mode. Just make sure in the future wherever you go for tire work, make sure they know about "Jack" mode.
    Otherwise they won't know "Jack"! LOL!

• Like x 1
  5. cchc99

cchc99 Member

Anyone know if he can match the red on my red calipers for the regen brakes? And I might plastic dip my 21s...

6. Swift

Swift Member

You mean the parking brakes?

7. navinc

navinc Member

Sweet! Can anyone recommend a similar provider in Victoria or Vancouver, BC?

8. cchc99

cchc99 Member

If that's what they are sure. The secondary set of smaller calipers. My mistake if those are the parking brakes. I thought that the parking brake was integrated into the regular brake. I guess the regen brakes must be in there too, and the separate little calipers are the parking brakes.

9. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

The regen has nothing to do with any caliper, it's done by the motor. Although unrelated, but think of a gas car when you downshift and it slows down.

10. cchc99

cchc99 Member

Ok, so it's kind of like a dynamo then? Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of it. Mind you the last hybrid I owned was a Prius and I guess I should've realized it then.

11. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

I'm sure they can colour match if you find the colour code of oem red Caliper from Tesla. I know the red used for painting is typically slightly darker to match more of the red from the brake lights and the charging port to keep it aesthetic :)

• Like x 1
  12. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Regen brakes?

13. cchc99

cchc99 Member

I've already been educated on this. Sorry. The parking brakes.

14. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Resurrecting this thread to say I had Spence paint my calipers while I was up in Toronto for a convention this past week (all the way from New Jersey!). Super friendly guy and he does phenomenal work for a very low price. I’d recommend Spence to anyone thinking about getting this done.

Before and after pics are striking. Will look even better with my 21” arachnids when they arrive. Very limited overspray was burnt off by the time I made it back to the hotel.

Thanks to those in this thread that previously recommended Spence. I bookmarked the thread a long time ago knowing I’d be up in Toronto in October - and am glad I did.

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Thx @jareade for resurrecting. I wasn’t aware of this thread but will be booking my appointment next week. Work looks amazing!!!!

16. tinanbran

tinanbran Member

Don't forget to RE CHECK the car breaks after Tesla does any service on it if you have already had them painted, Just got mine back from what was suppose to be a cosmetic repair to the hatch and they had done the parking break recall. That recall was not a part but the whole thing was replaced and back to black and I didn't notice it until few days later and had to call spence to re do the parking break back to red.

• Informative x 1
  17. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

When the car "breaks" it falls to pieces and when it "brakes" it stops.

• Funny x 1
  18. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Hey guys...just got back from Spence Tire and another amazing job by Spence.

Great guy and he does amazing work. Highly recommend him to anyone looking to paint their calipers.

I’ve attached a couple of pictures.
    20171118_101542.jpg 20171118_101601.jpg

• Like x 2
  19. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Thought I would add some pics with the Rims back on the car.

By the time I left Spence Tire and got to the first stop light, all of the overspray was gone and left with a great look. Have a look:

20171119_113431.jpg 20171119_113423.jpg

• Like x 2
  20. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Here is Spence’s work on my new Arachnids. :)

F2A25EE0-A517-4434-A1E6-BD3842C6E90C.jpeg

B15606F6-1570-4B48-B8D0-C238FBB4F667.jpeg