Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers - incredible work and price!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks awesome. Apx how long does it take? (Is it a "drop off and come back to pick it up" thing, or can you hang around - go get coffee and come back? )

Took almost 2.5hrs that day, it was really hot and I guess things move slower. I suppose you could drop off and leave your key card. Talked to a few other customers and they all stayed around. The closest McDonald is about 15 minutes walking, decided to hand around which they prefer anyway.

That would be my car, hot day at the shop but watching the football match got me though it. It's not the smaller size design but I like how they look when it's all done. Spence did offer to redo it when they have the new design but this is fine for me. Great guys there.
Looks great! I just booked my appointment. Hoping to get it done this week and then send the car off for PPC/Ceramic/Tint right after.

Nice. Are the calipers glossy though? It looks kind of matte in your pictures.
Definitely not very glossy on mine, you can probably request it, I see glossy finish as standard for other packages. Once the wheels are on, I can't really tell either way unless looking very closely. Just hope it'll look as good in a few years, happy with it so far.

Just got mine done last night. Place was pretty packed - they were doing several cars at the same time while each one dried. Pretty good job and Spence and his workers were friendly. This is the new redesigned decal..sorry I'll try to take a better picture when I get home tonight:

Attachments

• caliper.jpg
    caliper.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 185
I had some noise from the overspray getting rubbed off. It had disappeared by the end of the ride home. Took a little longer than I thought but I put that down to the regen braking.

Yeah it's totally normal because you have to basically rub off the excess from the rotors. I did a couple speed up and hard brakes to get rid of it faster. Was gone within maybe 30-40 minutes of driving.

Great, thanks. @Mobsidian just got his calipers painted and is experiencing the grinding. I was asking on his behalf while he drives home.

Reactions: yyzunderdog
Got it done today. Looks great. Grinding is bit concerning. Didn't go away on the drive home. There's also cyclical grinding from a stop when accelerating. Gets faster as wheels spin faster and then blends in with road noise. Is this normal? I still see some streaks of overspray on the rotors.

Attachments

• E2182B8C-8ABF-4D61-880C-16C351D4FD5A.jpeg
    E2182B8C-8ABF-4D61-880C-16C351D4FD5A.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 162
  • F6E2F50D-8C89-4923-A02D-63B440AD0289.jpeg
    F6E2F50D-8C89-4923-A02D-63B440AD0289.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Got it done today. Looks great. Grinding is bit concerning. Didn't go away on the drive home. There's also cyclical grinding from a stop when accelerating. Gets faster as wheels spin faster and then blends in with road noise. Is this normal? I still see some streaks of overspray on the rotors.

yup totally normal, don't worry. I think the loudest was when I was backing up and parking... very loud grinding noise. But try what I did and just do a couple hard brakes from a fast-ish speed and it should be gone in no time. I also turned creep on to help with the process so that I can basically drag the brake while the car slowly moves forward.

yup totally normal, don't worry. I think the loudest was when I was backing up and parking... very loud grinding noise. But try what I did and just do a couple hard brakes from a fast-ish speed and it should be gone in no time. I also turned creep on to help with the process so that I can basically drag the brake while the car slowly moves forward.
Thanks. That's reassuring. It'll hopefully go away after tomorrow's commute.