Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red brake calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, what else would you expect from a Longhorn?

Gig'EM Aggies!

Nice job. *ALWAYS* use a jack stand when you pull a wheel off and *ALWAYS* use a torque wrench when you put your wheels back on. You may have done this, but worth the reminder for everybody!

I quickly painted mine with a good brush and kit from Amazon and decals from ebay, it's been over 6 months, no issues so far:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BQ87YK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here is a timelapse video.

$1200 to make them red is crazy. I have a set of OEM reds off a salvage car Id let go for way less than that. Left rear would need to be replaced from eBay but the other three look like new. Make me an offer
Nobody paid $1,200 for painted calipers. If you read the thread for content you would see that included powder coating 4 slipstreams, which is usually $600-$800. The idea of buying 4, no wait, 3 salvaged calipers and paying to have them installed is what sounds a little crazy...

View attachment 328560 Got mine done today. Dr. Rim in Orlando. Can't believe they only charged me $120 for all 4.

Only thing is I got the parking brake in the back also painted. I know that's not the stock look from Tesla but it just looks inconsistent to me otherwise.
Wow, those look great! I'm in Orlando too and considering using Dr. Rim - how is the caliper paint job holding up?

Wow, those look great! I'm in Orlando too and considering using Dr. Rim - how is the caliper paint job holding up?

Paint job is holding up great.... this is a good shop (one of the best in the area I've come to find out),

HOWEVER...

I think I should have specifically asked them to use Blocks (or pads) when they lift the car.... I know they have them... I saw them used for other vehicles, so I didn't think to ask (I assumed they would for mine), and then I saw they had posted a picture of my car on their facebook, and I was pissed (see below)... luckily, no damage!

Nevertheless, rest assured I have seen with my own eyes that they have worked on much more expensive cars than ours, (Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, etc.) and several other Teslas.

FB_IMG_1535196216030.jpg

View attachment 328560 Got mine done today. Dr. Rim in Orlando. Can't believe they only charged me $120 for all 4.

Only thing is I got the parking brake in the back also painted. I know that's not the stock look from Tesla but it just looks inconsistent to me otherwise.

Did you buy the decals separately, and they painted callipers and installed the decals? Did they clear coated them after decals were installed? Where did you get the decals from? Many questions, I know. I just love the way they look, about to get my M3, and I live in Orlando, so answers will be quite helpful. :) Thanks!

Did you buy the decals separately, and they painted callipers and installed the decals? Did they clear coated them after decals were installed? Where did you get the decals from? Many questions, I know. I just love the way they look, about to get my M3, and I live in Orlando, so answers will be quite helpful. :) Thanks!

I did buy the decals separately and the shop put them on. Bought the decals on ebay from this seller - they're still looking great: 12pc TESLA Brake Caliper Set Vinyl Sticker Decal Logo Overlay Graphic | eBay

I have no idea if they clear coated them after they were installed. But they look awesome! No regrets.

Let me know if you have any more questions! Good luck!

Have to agree with jaguar36 that most high quality paints will be somewhat self leveling and a good quality bristle brush will not leave bristles behind. That being said, not sure how to lift all four wheels off the ground to get all calipers done in four hours with two coats plus letters. Any input would be appreciated!
I did mine one wheel at a time. Takes a while, but I don't have the special Tesla jack stands.