Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Button on FWD pushed into door & disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can use for closing door as well from outside I personally just use key fob to close all doors
yep I have been using these buttons as I prefer them to the red button. With child locks enabled (you can argue if this is actually safe or not tesla...) you can close them w/ the button but you can't open them. Idiotic kids can still close them, be too small for the sensors and then get their appendages crushed a little by the hungry FWD, but that's another story.

Short of it is that, yes, you can use those buttons to close the doors regardless of child safety lock enabled :)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Thanks for the info. I kinda pretend that those inside buttons don't exist. I was putting a friend's kid in the car and was adjusting the seat, and she pressed the button on me to close the doors. I only really use the red button when I'm home and in garage, emptying stuff and kids from the car.

I should use those other buttons. The red button is kinda annoying.

My husband called service who said the mobile unit will be calling me. Let's see when that happens.

Reactions: P85_DA