Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Calipers in SoCal - Orange County

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
Looking to get red calipers for my White M3 and looking for recommendations for good calipers painters you have used, mobile service if possible in Orange County.
So far I have one lead, but he's book 1 month out:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/resurrect-wheel-recon-tustin-12

Thanks!

caliper.jpeg

This is who I used for my curb rash and his work was amazing! He also does Calipers but I didn't do mine yet. You will have to go to his office and best to go early AM. Very reasonable in price for the Curb rash repair.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/onsite-wheels-garden-grove

Side note regarding Calipers. One thing I was concerned about is overspray and also when they paint it seems they all paint the pins that hold the break pads. If you ever have to pull those pins I assume you will chip the paint ?

$125/wheel

This is who I used for my curb rash and his work was amazing! He also does Calipers but I didn't do mine yet. You will have to go to his office and best to go early AM. Very reasonable in price for the Curb rash repair.

Side note regarding Calipers. One thing I was concerned about is overspray and also when they paint it seems they all paint the pins that hold the break pads. If you ever have to pull those pins I assume you will chip the paint ?

Good point on the pins, doubt it will ever happen though.
Do you know their prices for curb rash and calipers?
I might need to repair one wheel too.

I don't know pricing on Calipers but the curb rash was $80. I tipped him and gave him $90. I was originally quoted $100 but the damage was pretty minimal and so he discounted the pricing without me asking for it. I know his range was anywhere from $80 to 120 depending on the damage. He was pretty quick. Got the job done within an hour. We did a lot of talking so I am sure it would have been done even sooner.

• Informative
Reactions: jgd108
I don't know pricing on Calipers but the curb rash was $80. I tipped him and gave him $90. I was originally quoted $100 but the damage was pretty minimal and so he discounted the pricing without me asking for it. I know his range was anywhere from $80 to 120 depending on the damage. He was pretty quick. Got the job done within an hour. We did a lot of talking so I am sure it would have been done even sooner.

No worries, I asked and he said $350 for the calipers.

Got a few more quotes, hovering between $350 - $450, both mobile and at shops.

Mobile would be ideal, time saving (one hour driving total + time for the jobs 2-3hrs)

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde

+1... Son is the man to go to for wheel repair. Had him paint a scratched bumper on my lease return last year.

Reactions: jgd108
I went to B3 Garage in Santa Ana. Baha, the owner, is amazing. He powder coated my brakes in neon lime green and applied the Tesla logo. He can do red, but be bold pick a color and he'll do it. He was fast and the quality is great. Check him out ABOUT US/CONTACT US
He also wrapped, dechromed, and tinted within a week.
ZsukfDFhpH0s-c7e7FKJaDKHlw5hamKF9iR_lFz7lXPbGFM8_RPggmgMj1mgo0Y5UdtevbOeNWKvX8YrYJgMeae3aLow6s-Iwd2mEmIygZPsIJi6R1IQK_WhGD41vjZNUmIr-0dL192LDQQGaEovvusVNKorQ0GGwoCK5bMLJW1uSEbHWHJCP0iTRJF0cLSEGSsvNx3Lz1_fyfbEsPiOJ933kTc_bTr4f9AYLmF8_O0v7GQieGD6TPtSQ2q-4uhOs1OMyV_N2eq68rZLOapnpn1GoE42JbbLDWaRwZFhM5liz5t2Q6mF-elvl7vT6ZP1sZKwNTqP7FQZVFdoHlVgTsBT4AtwfLtfJqLStcT6oddPzZITN4B171pAoj_w9oXsR665BBFCJZ7lP1xiphw2S0FPkAfZnj1j0hxuqrxH4FFzJIKzLxmP4Kzh9YQZmFbtiLb0UGHZBsFDTKHM6drL7qwatlSosASznYtr1B7IjP7W_cse6Hpo4I9Yclm5NhyaKUqts5T2pPzWIZLbAgLWDo1XypamyCl5evkOBhqPMdXo5kBu29wJ1uEYUIwydD4-mIQQQvC2Khs2UzMg4ZWH-Zsqm4T8dKHB7dSnDyEnliPNkbK76QANFzEEhTrvx3mXMXJXdBXkdmWHEAxl0SRH6SlSHQIZuHZ1=w663-h883-no

+1... Son is the man to go to for wheel repair. Had him paint a scratched bumper on my lease return last year.

Thx, he's giving me a great price including one wheel curb rash repair. And works weeekend too.
But 4hrs for the job plus driving isn't ideal, hence mobile shop

Why not just buy caliper covers? There are at least 2 vendors that sell them, Model 3 Caliper Covers Engraved Letters (Only $279 w/ 20% off), & Caliper Covers for Tesla Model 3.

I researched quite a bit on the covers before settling on the painted calipers. They look a bit tacky.
Also, at $280 I would need to buy a low profile lift ($200) + other tools to do myself, or RPM tesla charges $300 or so for the install.
At this point I'm not looking to do myself, just don't want to mess it up with putting the wheels back from or breaking something.

I went to B3 Garage in Santa Ana. Baha, the owner, is amazing. He powder coated my brakes in neon lime green and applied the Tesla logo. He can do red, but be bold pick a color and he'll do it. He was fast and the quality is great. Check him out ABOUT US/CONTACT US
He also wrapped, dechromed, and tinted within a week.

Can't see the pic, but I did find about them through Yelp as well.
At this point I'm leaning toward mobile shop for convenience and if I were to Uber back and forth, the cost seems the same.

$350 in shop vs $400 mobile.

Thanks guys. Hoping to decide today and move on. :)