TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Red calipers

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mrtian97, Mar 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

I have yet to order my Model S 60 but too excited already and what I am going to customize with the car.
    Any input on the cost to get the red calipersi. So Cal? I guess Tesla no longer offer this option? I plan to order new with Red exterior color.
    With the std 19" wheel, will the red calipers show up well or has to be the 21" wheel. I am hesitant with the 21" wheel due to tire worn out and wheel usually damage due to potholes etc

Thanks

2. Dbj77

Dbj77 Member

go 19 inch, the 21s have too many problems with potholes, etc. The best way right now to get red calipers is to get them painted - which should cost a few hundred. I have the 19 inch wheels stock from tesla and you can see the caliper well through them.

3. Buddy

Buddy Member

A few guys at my work did it. Someone came out to our parking lot and did all their cars for $400 per car.

Included white Tesla letteding and looks perfect. Just like they were made red.

Before you ask...dont know the guys name but at least you have a peice starting point!

4. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

5. malken00

malken00 Member

Better hurry up, not much time left to order an MS60 :)

6. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Get the 21's No problems after 52k+ miles and they look so good. More so than the red calipers as an add on