Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Color -- Decision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help.. My order is already confirmed and my DS says he might be able to make the change if I pay the $500 and let him know today itself. I just saw the facelift in person today. It was a red color and I really loved it. Question I have is.. Is red too feminine? Any guys over here have the red color? Also I really didn't like the slipstreams. It looked like hubcaps. I am thinking of getting these rims.. Any feedback? Please help!!
TST 20" Tesla Model S Wheel

I also thought the slipstreams didn't look great, but I have an aftermarket aversion, so I ordered cyclones. T-sportline does make a 19" version of the rims you were looking at. Ultimately it depends on how much you're willing to spend on tires. It's pretty well documented that 19"s last as long as they would on any other car and 21"s last 10-15k with a much higher risk of blowouts. I'm guessing 20s fall somewhere in between.

I think 19s look plenty big on a low slung sedan like the model S. Currently I drive a Lancer with 18s and never once have thought "this needs bigger rims."

FWIW 19s with the high efficiency Michelins are a very efficient choice. It kind of depends on whether you're looking for style or efficiency. People can have different priorities.

Lolaindycar theorizes that the 21s wear out faster due to greater camber sensitivity. He may be right.

zoRA9vU.jpg

chromed the rims this weekend

It was always Red for me

Reactions: Tech_Guy
My car is grey but I just had a red loaner for 5 days. You definitely get a lot more looks with red. There's no issue that it attracts attention (from police too if you like to drive fast). I didn't like it, since it's too flashy for me, but to each their own. I don't see it as feminine though. Everyone in my office, and my family, told me they liked the red better.

You folks are TEASING me with all this RED talk......I would never imagine loving a red car but the more I read and the more red teslas I see I'm starting to eat, drink and breathe RED!!
Red S with grey 21's, pano roof, black interior w/ carbon fiber accents, carbon fiber spoiler and red calipers.......hmmmm, I'm leaning RED and I can't believe it......Male - 48 years

• Funny
Reactions: JJoynt and Bonlaw