Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red/Cream PLAID and LR Waiting Room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's start tracking these orders a bit closer.

This build seems to be a bit of a unicorn and I suspect many of the orders are going to PLAID's first leaving us LR waiting longer. We all know the PLAID orders are prioritized but what I mean is I feel this build has a higher concentration in the PLAID orders vs other builds. I also thinking they make less RED in general.

Please share your builds and Order dates/RN#'s

I ordered 5/14/21 - LR Red/Cream/21's No FSD. Current EDD is 6/15-7/6.

Last edited:
Plaid- Red/Cream/21 no FSD. RN1166 Feb 27 still nothing but see a lot of VIN’s here of much newer orders.
I’m located in Puerto Rico, we don’t even have the EDD but the EDD at the moment of the order is the same as main land. If I try to place a new order the system still shows June-August. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Don’t see a lot a Cream on inventory. Could that be the delay?

That isn't my spec, but I did get a call from Tesla saying there was a red/cream Model S with upgraded wheels for immediately delivery.

In ~15 minutes, they said it was sold. I wasn't going to switch from black to cream, but I thought that was interesting.

This was a couple of weeks ago.

That isn't my spec, but I did get a call from Tesla saying there was a red/cream Model S with upgraded wheels for immediately delivery.

In ~15 minutes, they said it was sold. I wasn't going to switch from black to cream, but I thought that was interesting.

This was a couple of weeks ago.

Upgraded wheels but same price as the wheels you got? 👀

Plaid- Red/Cream/21 no FSD. RN1166 Feb 27 still nothing but see a lot of VIN’s here of much newer orders.
I’m located in Puerto Rico, we don’t even have the EDD but the EDD at the moment of the order is the same as main land. If I try to place a new order the system still shows June-August. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Don’t see a lot a Cream on inventory. Could that be the delay?
I’m also located in PR and ordered early July and don’t see a EDD anywhere. I called and the told me the same EDD I saw before ordering. This sucks

Reactions: ramirj2
I’m also located in PR and ordered early July and don’t see a EDD anywhere. I called and the told me the same EDD I saw before ordering. This sucks
I know another person waiting since February also, the issue is delivery here. Since other people are receiving Ys and 3s on the 4-8 weeks on performance trim, it looks like it is just related to S and probably X. This aligns with deliveries to Canada and avoiding the tax over there.
There should a lot of orders in Canada compared to PR and loosing those have more impact than keeping us wanting over here. We can’t even match an inventory car on US to our order, change options and de SA knows nothing different that the info on the site.

Reactions: BG31
I know another person waiting since February also, the issue is delivery here. Since other people are receiving Ys and 3s on the 4-8 weeks on performance trim, it looks like it is just related to S and probably X. This aligns with deliveries to Canada and avoiding the tax over there.
There should a lot of orders in Canada compared to PR and loosing those have more impact than keeping us wanting over here. We can’t even match an inventory car on US to our order, change options and de SA knows nothing different that the info on the site.
Did he order a performance or long range?

I ordered my second S 6/5/21 hopping to be among first in line for a 2022 model year. I’m finally taking delivery August 14th, 2022, confirmed today. That’s over 14 months later. I am taking a cashiers check and paying on delivery and will inspect first. I loved my first S, 2017 Silver/white with all options available at that time.