Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

red dot on IC ( where speed limit sign is) SWver 32.3, while in FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI I had some thing strange happen today while driving in AON on a side street ( not on a highway, yeah I know , it works nice on long side streets with lots of lights ) . I have a newly retro fitted 2017 MS AP3 (HDW3) , MCU2 , IC2 and things have been great. I hit one of those classic points where the light turned yellow and the FSD wasn't happy , I was essentially still near the stopping point but I gues it did not want to try and stop abruptly ( a very good thing) and gave me the "red hands" and some description to about pedals ( which I was too busy to read) . so I sped across the intersection to beat the light ( yeah I know) . I don't think the light turned red while I was still going through it, but it stayed in FSD and went on its merry way to the next light . but this red dot stayed " on" the speed limit sign . I drove to work and parked thinking that if I restarted a " session" it would clear, and it did not when I went to start up in drive again. the only way to get rid of it was a soft reset of the IC and the MCU . any one ever see this come up ? is it a "Feature?" is it a red dot of shame? do I get 3 dots and your out?

UPDATE: I think I figured out what it was. when the car gave me the " red hands" warning I was going through the intersection and the traffic light that was at that point red red light passed through the speed limit sign on the IC (As the traffic lights are tracked as they go passed. I think it was a rendering error that just stayed when the two objects over lapped on the screen I have not seen it again on any of the newer SW versions

HI I had some thing strange happen today while driving in AON on a side street ( not on a highway, yeah I know , it works nice on long side streets with lots of lights ) . I have a newly retro fitted 2017 MS AP3 (HDW3) , MCU2 , IC2 and things have been great. I hit one of those classic points where the light turned yellow and the FSD wasn't happy , I was essentially still near the stopping point but I gues it did not want to try and stop abruptly ( a very good thing) and gave me the "red hands" and some description to about pedals ( which I was too busy to read) . so I sped across the intersection to beat the light ( yeah I know) . I don't think the light turned red while I was still going through it, but it stayed in FSD and went on its merry way to the next light . but this red dot stayed " on" the speed limit sign . I drove to work and parked thinking that if I restarted a " session" it would clear, and it did not when I went to start up in drive again. the only way to get rid of it was a soft reset of the IC and the MCU . any one ever see this come up ? is it a "Feature?" is it a red dot of shame? do I get 3 dots and your out?
I had the same thing happen to me. I drove through a red light that goes to flashing yellow after hours, but my Model X did the same to me. I haven't tried to reset it yet. This is the first time this has happened to me. On another subject, there is an arched bridge over a railroad track near me that has a 34 ton limit sign. Every time I go over it and there is not a car or truck blocking it from view, My car thinks it's a speed limit sign and shows a 35mph sign and slows me sown accordingly. Fortunately, there is a 45mph speed limit sign just after it, so the car speeds up accordingly.