Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Dot on Tesla App Icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't break the code on what the red dot on my Tesla app icon on my phone is. I'm not talking about in the car, the dot that means you have sentry video; I mean on the Tesla icon on my phone. It may still mean something about sentry video, but I'm not sure. At first I thought it might mean there was an app update, but I don't think that's it.

I can't break the code on what the red dot on my Tesla app icon on my phone is. I'm not talking about in the car, the dot that means you have sentry video; I mean on the Tesla icon on my phone. It may still mean something about sentry video, but I'm not sure. At first I thought it might mean there was an app update, but I don't think that's it.
That red dot means that you have some unread notifications/messages.

Reactions: Wigan
None of this has solved the mystery for me. I've read notifications both in the car and on the phone, and I have the latest version of the app, and I've opened it, but I still have the red dot. I think whatever it is I'm just going to have to live with it.

I have "1" on the Tesla app icon as well. Can't seem to get rid of it. I've opened the app and clicked on every tab and screen there is and the "1" is still there.
Holy smoke. I figured it out. So all of us went into our apps and read all the email. Looked up and down everywhere and the #1 still show next to our tesla icon. Go to app notification for tesla. Disable the app icon badge. Man that drove me nuts