Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Exterior with White Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

On Monday I'm going to place my order for a Model 3.
I'm going with the red exterior with the 19' white wheels.
I'm keen to pair it with the white interior as I think it compliments the red and the wheels. The boss wants black.
I'm interested in some opinions.

Cheers Mike

It's pretty subjective and most people have strong preferences one way or the other. Some general opinions I've encountered on these forums:

- White is nicer in hot, sunny climates as the interior is cooler.
- Some folks feel White gives Tesla interiors a more futuristic/space-age feel.
- White dash can produce a bit more glare at times.
- White interior can show wear and tear more easily along with blue denim transfer being a concern for some. Plenty others have owned for 2+ years with occasional wet wiping and report back pristine conditions. Black in general is a bit easier but can show lighter colored dirt/fur in a more pronounced manner.
- Black is cheaper, so if you don't have strong opinions in favor for White, it is a no brainer to save the extra money.

I've had white seats on my Model 3 for 3 years and they look like new...

I use Car Guys Super Cleaner spray periodically (every week or two when I think of it) and wipe the seats down. Then every few months, I put Dawn detergent on a damp rag and wipe seats down, followed by another wipe down with a clean damp rag. It doesn't take much maintenance, and the seats look great. I will continue to buy white seats on future purchases with no question...

Reactions: orion2001
I love the white. It makes the car. They seem softer than the black material too. I have had no issues with stains and cleaning but I haven’t owned that long. I see no down side other than it will
Make you want to keep the car more clean!

I had a white interior M3LR for 2 years and the seats still looked like new after 2 years / 24K miles, with exactly zero maintenance. Sold it last month for about what I paid, waiting for a new M3LR end of this month also with white interior. And my wife just got a red Model Y with white interior and it looks very nice.

anywhere that has hot sunny weather I think white is a no brainer, and virtually all of Oz would qualify.