TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Red Hook Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by blee321, Jun 10, 2016.

1. blee321

blee321 Member

has anyone had any experience with the Red Hook location?

Any charging resources?

Cheers.

2. blee321

blee321 Member

I confirmed, after having my 85D serviced here that they do have a supercharger, however it is restricted to dealer use and roadside assistance use only.

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I don't know what or where this confirmation came from but AFAIK there is no such thing as a mobile supercharger. and most service centers do not have a SpC on site. perhaps you're confusing an HPWC with a SpC, and I haven't a clue as to what they use as a mobile charger.

4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I've read a couple times about mobile or temporary Superchargers - they have both pedestals and the charger attached on a structure, so it can be moved from place to place (but presumably not functional until hooked to wiring in a given place.) The car that burned in Norway last year was plugged in to one of those.

In this case, however, I think you're reading too much into the comment. They said it was for roadside assistance use - which I'm thinking means if a Tesla runs out of juice somewhere nearby, it gets trucked there and fed enough to get back on to the network.

5. Rove

Rove Member

I picked up my car from the red hook service center and can confirm they have a supercharger for service use only.

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Where are you getting that info from? I think it's the exact opposite - that most service center DO have a SpC on site, but it's not for public use.

I know that Tyco Road in VA does have one (I've been told, and I've seen them charge my car on it from the Tesla app), but the SpC is for the service center only and/or for emergencies.

7. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

The Lyndhurst, OH Service Center has a Supercharger on site and will allow owners to juice up during business hours if it is available. Less of a need now that Erie, PA SC has gone online.