Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red light and stop sign warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am saying that the red light warning should be standard even when NOT using the basic AP / TACC

Just like the 1-ding nudge when a light turns green is standard feature available even when not using AP

Let auto stopping be a FSD feature, but warning on red light/stop sign is a lifesaving safety feature
Green light is optional feature, but annoying at times. People just need to pay attention when they drive, especially on the streets.

Green light is optional feature, but annoying at times. People just need to pay attention when they drive, especially on the streets.
Red light warning can also be optional.

I agree with you that people need to pay attention, and most people do pay attention most of the time.

However sh!t happens, maybe once every 10k-20k miles of driving, when even an otherwise attentive driver might run a stop sign.
I've done it couple of times in my 20 years of driving, luckily nothing happened. My wife does it every other year or so and has been very lucky so far to not get into any accident🤞🙏

An urgent 3-ding warning + screen notification + steering vibration can save someone's life when it happens. Accident might still happen, but if driver was warned, and thereby applied brakes, it could mean the difference between a full speed 45mph crash vs maybe a 10mph crash

I like when it tells you the light has changed.
Hi my Model Y LR occasionally chimes when the traffic light turns green when driving in the UK. I am just back from a week in Holland where the traffic light change detection worked flawlessly. I can only put this down to the different light sequence in Holland to UK, our lights sequence Red/Red and Amber/ Green, the Dutch sequences Red straight to Green. Has anybody else found this?