Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red light detection ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It very rarely notified me, and when it did, it was quite late to the game. I tested this on quiet roads about half a dozen times. During real-world driving its signaled an alarm once and I had already begun the process of stopping. My sense is its got to notify the driver earlier and more reliably.

• Informative
Reactions: Allx
It didn't work for me..

Red light.jpg

o_O

Has anyone seen this work on 5.15 or 16.2? Tried a few times (carefully) and no dice ...
I got it once, very momentary. Yeah, it was kinda stale to drive through. :oops: Not my finest moment, to be sure. A bad decision in the moment. No actual danger, since there wasn't any other vehicles close, but that's kinda beside the point.

Given what it took to trigger, the
conditions that implies, I don't see how it would be helpful other than maybe wake up someone that just went through? So they can pull over to sleep before they do something like that, again.

But there seems to be other ways, I guess? I was in a 50 mph zone, maybe it is more feasible in lower speed zones?