Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Light/Stop Sign...Autopilot (No FSD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No speed limit. TACC is limited to 85,mph (used to be 90mph). Not sure if there are any other upsides.

I suppose its more peaceful if you're doing a few lane changes. TACC bings and bongs when you disable/reenable it. For some reason fails to do what every other auto manufacturer does with L2 cruise going all the way back to at least 2010 (my old Prius). Most cars auto-disable lane keeping when you put on a blinker, then after you're done changing lanes and turn the blinker off, L2 cruise auto resumes with no bings/bongs. In a Tesla with standard AP, you have to disengage TACC manually, change lanes, then manually re-engage TACC (each step brings its own bing/bong). Wakes people up if you're on a long road trip and that keeps happeneing.
1) "Joe mode" is your friend for lowering the beep volume especially made to avoid waking up the kids. Turn it on.

2) I think you are confusing Autosteer with TACC... I drive on Autosteer (basic AP) and whenever I give a hard turn signal, the Autosteer disengages _(the 2blue lines marking my lane disappear)_, ***BUT*** TACC remains on during the lane change _(marked by a blue colored MAX below the speed limit, top right corner just above the car in the left part of the screen)_