Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red light stopping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least in the US, the red light/stop sign braking happens whenever AP is operating just under cruise control or under autosteer.

Note this is still an early release of this functionality - so drivers shouldn't rely on the software to operate correctly. It will stop at a light, even if it is green, unless there is a vehicle directly in front of you driving through the intersection when the light is green. The software is being very conservative right now - slowing down and stopping and requiring the driver to confirm it's OK to proceed through the intersection.

And that's OK - for now...

I'm in the US and have been using this for a few weeks now. Overall I'm happy with it. No false negatives where the car barrels past a yellow or red stoplight. However there have been a number of false positives which can also be annoying. This is mainly traffic lights that are under construction or sometimes a sign that's not red or remotely resembling an octagon gets interpreted as a stop sign.

Still a WIP so I'm not too upset by that.