Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Light Warning works for Yellow Lights too, very cool!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hm. We had it work for red but not for yellow. I was sure it wasn’t for yellow on purpose since running a yellow is legal (as far as I know, lol).

Sure it didn’t turn red in progress?

The screen is the red steering wheel of death, if I recall correctly. We’ve tried to provoke it on the 3 and GF is a bit leery of doing so. :D It just beeps and tells you to stop since I’m not gonna.

This was with 2019.8.4 (on .5 now).

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio
I haven't had it trigger at all on 8.4 or 8.5. This is an exit ramp , I had to lean way forward to get the lights above the car in this picture. Warning hasn't triggered at this light and I drive this 5 days a week. :/

Attachments

• 20190410_234548.jpg
    20190410_234548.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 78
And you've tried "running" the light? Aka dont brake while you approach at normal speed?

I let the car go as far as I couldn't see the light directly above me and stop the car. NoA had just brought me off the interstate and slowed itself to ramp speed 25mph and I let it continue until I couldn't see the lights from a normal driving position. The photo which shows the lights was taken with me leaning forward over the steering wheel.

I let the car go as far as I couldn't see the light directly above me and stop the car. NoA had just brought me off the interstate and slowed itself to ramp speed 25mph and I let it continue until I couldn't see the lights from a normal driving position. The photo which shows the lights was taken with me leaning forward over the steering wheel.

12.1.1 and it worked today. Found a slow sl street without traffic in order to test. Ok, certainly took waiting a bit longer than I normally would at that speed. I was just about to hit the brake when the alert popped up.

I tested it out on my S with no success. If it doesn't warn me before I have to slam on the brakes to keep from going through a red light, then the warning is too late to be useful anyway. It's supposed to warn you that you're about to run one, not play tattletale after the fact.